Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Operating Budget  (Read 8249 times)

Rod 1942

• Old Timer
Operating Budget
« on: October 02, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »

Paul, may I suggest you review last years expenses and give us a recap. Once we know what the expenses were, we can plan a campaign to raise the necessary funds for this years planned activities. Also, it would be a good idea to keep the members informed where we stand financially. I think this may encourage more participation from the members and generate more interest from the group. Let me know how I can help out.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Operating Budget
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »

All that and then some will be in reviewed amongst the BOD and members.  Still in transition period per By-laws and I don't officially take the reign until mid-November.  Bare with me and we'll have all the information requested. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

RedDragon

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »

Well if you haven't officially taken the reigns, then why has Randy and some BOD members been removed?  :pot: And no Brock, I am not bitchen about being removed! :redcard: You can leave me out.  :c 

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 07:53:13 PM »

:ohwow:
 :couch:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »

I had the impression that everyone was ready to move along.  My apologies.

I can add peeps back to get this sorted out if you'd like.
Chunk the llama.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »

Looks like we have a goverment shutdown >:D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »

I had the impression that everyone was ready to move along.  My apologies.

I can add peeps back to get this sorted out if you'd like.

That's what I thought too.  But honestly I don't have much information if any, which is no big deal I'm just treating it as a scratch start up. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 01:50:20 AM »

Looks like we have a goverment shutdown >:D
:agree:  :couch:  :c
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 04:34:16 AM »

All that and then some will be in reviewed amongst the BOD and members.  Still in transition period per By-laws and I don't officially take the reign until mid-November.  Bare with me and we'll have all the information requested. 

The way the by laws read you took over Oct 1. The board stayes the same for 45 days , and you can not spend any money. Any new board members added before the 45 days are up has to be unanimously approved by the board.Board members can resign at any time , but needs board approval.

Rod 1942

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 08:05:55 AM »

Paul, I can appreciate all that you have on your plate. I'm not trying to apply any pressure. Just making suggestions hoping to get more participation from members across the board.  I know these things take time. Again, let me know what I can help with.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 08:25:20 AM »

Previous BOD now has access to the board until I am told otherwise.
Chunk the llama.

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »

Well if you haven't officially taken the reigns, then why has Randy and some BOD members been removed?  :pot: And no Brock, I am not bitchen about being removed! :redcard: You can leave me out.  :c  

You are to bitchen', you big B!TCH!! :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :couch:
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 05:32:55 AM »

Ya'll should consider turning this into a Meetup group. Last I heard, the hosting charges there were $72 every 6 months, which is a lot less than you are paying now. And you could charge for membership, which would avoid having to get out the beggin' plate annually. If folks wanted to continue to be a member, they'd be able to show they were serious by throwing a few bucks at the cause.

http://help.meetup.com/customer/portal/articles/902250-does-meetup-cost-money

Face it, with a dwindling membership, the bidness model needs a refresh. Now, I know this post might generate some flames, but with $48 in the kitty, it's time to start thinking of alternatives. Fire suit on!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »

Ya'll should consider turning this into a Meetup group. Last I heard, the hosting charges there were $72 every 6 months, which is a lot less than you are paying now. And you could charge for membership, which would avoid having to get out the beggin' plate annually. If folks wanted to continue to be a member, they'd be able to show they were serious by throwing a few bucks at the cause.

http://help.meetup.com/customer/portal/articles/902250-does-meetup-cost-money

Face it, with a dwindling membership, the bidness model needs a refresh. Now, I know this post might generate some flames, but with $48 in the kitty, it's time to start thinking of alternatives. Fire suit on!
Don't think we are ready to give up yet. I think with some creativity we can generate interest again. Changes have to be made, no doubt and we have some ideas to make this thing fun.
It's all just part of the adventure!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »

My suggestion wasn't to give up. It was to consider a different hosting service, that would supply everything you have now, at a much lower price. And requiring folks to pay a nominal fee, ($10/year, per member, would more than pay your hosting fees), would eliminate the need to go begging. Just a thought.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal