Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Houston tech session 9-16 0900  (Read 5318 times)

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
Houston tech session 9-16 0900
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:06:57 PM »

thought i would start a new thread now that we have some details nailed down.
it will be this Saturday, Ill be there at 0900, the address is

916 Montana
south Houston
Hobby Air port area, just off I45 outside the 610, inside 8

its not as big as the other shop we had it in last time. if you want to leave your bike there the day before if you are doing a valve job. I will be there on Fri 9-15 from 1600hrs to 1800hrs. my cell number is 281-831-7061 if you need to make special arangements.

I will have a few stands there to put your bikes on, and two jacks also.
tools will be very limited this time (i lost too many last time) so bring your own if you can.
I will have the tools there to do stearing head bearings, valve job, and spark plug sand blaster.

lunch will be at about noon, if you want to eat, bring $2.00, you will need to bring your own drinks (beer is ok)
if you want to bring chips or side dish or desert...please feel free. i may make some salsa, depends on the time.
there is a small Deli about 10 blooks away if you prefer that, they have great sandwiches.

there is 1 bathroom, and not very lady friendly...hey! its a work shop...K?

there are a few antique cars,and bikes there please respect them. nuf said.

it would be nice to have a list of who's comming and what projects are going on, please add a post if you plan on coming, ill need to guess on how many for lunch.

I would like to be all wrapped up about 1600hrs if possible, if we need more time, we will figure out something.

that should about cover it...........Dis....missed!
 :)
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
Re: Houston tech session 9-16 0900
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »

Sorry, can't do the bearing thing then.  I wont get my X back for at least 2 more weeks.  Still waiting on the adjuster. :'( :'(

Claw

• Old Timer
  • Baytown
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »

I guess this means that you got my cams in. ;)
03 1800C
05 GL1800

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »

I guess this means that you got my cams in. ;)

yeah, i have one from my flathead V8, but...we can modify it on sat. just a cut and weld here and there should fix ya right up.  O0
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 06:50:04 PM »

I'll be there, hope to bring a fellow VTX'er.

I just need help with re-routing my throttle cables and some advice on wiring my back turn signals as brake lights.

But would love to learn anything else that going on and just meeting everyone.
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 06:53:41 PM »

back order on my risers is set to end the 15th, so i doubt i get em in time......  but ill prolly still be there just to learn

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »

i'll be there but not doing any work.  count me in on the meal also..........

working the night b4 so not sure how clear my head will be to help out but i'll be willing to try.
'02 C with a few extras

VTXDEMON

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 08:41:20 PM »

I'll be there as well...  just to hang out, I'll keep my eyes on all of you to make sure you all stay away from Dan's and his buddy's stuff  :D

cantex

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 07:56:33 AM »

Dan, I can't make arrangements to drop my bike off Friday, so I'll get the valves done another time.
But I do plan on making appearance Saturday, maybe I'll hook up my stebel.
Maybe I'll just be a nuisance :)
count me in for lunch too....
what a long strange trip it's been

galpd320

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 11:45:59 AM »

I will be there and looking to do a valve job. I also need to change my oil (engine and final) but if I will be in the way, it can wait 'till I get home. I am going to try to drop the bike off after work on Friday. I will ride it to work and drop it off on my way home. I live in Webster and work off 1960, so if I get off at 5, I should get there by 6. I will try to get off a little early so I don't miss you. I will bring some basic tools, a jack, and $2.00 for lunch.

Looking forward to a day of wrenchin'  O0

Swampfox

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 03:15:34 PM »

If you aren't a Master Tejno you have to pay three dollars so get to posting I guess a Value Job sounds like oil and end drive oil may not be there so tools maybe but your liquid your on your on and the first one through buys Swampy's lunch.  Wrench me in and call when you can get my bike for 8,000 miles service.  O call me so I will be ready and don't forget this one I  got to go  >:(

I burnt Swampy's down then I see Pro's post "next week" do you think Martin could draw up a plan for the re-build tonight and where David that Fire Protection system must have not worked Oh well I just make a new show Burn-it Down Build-it Back in 7 days. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:40:27 PM by Swampfox »

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 03:46:32 PM »

If you aren't a Master Tejno you have to pay three dollars so get to posting I guess a Value Job sounds like oil and end drive oil may not be there so tools maybe but your liquid your on your on and the first one through buys Swampy's lunch.  Wrench me in and call when you can get my bike for 8,000 miles service.  O call me so I will be ready and don't forget this one I  got to go  >:(

I burnt Swampy's down then I see Pro's post "next week" do you think Martin could draw up a plan for the re-build tonight and where David that Fire Protection system must have not worked Oh well I just make a new show Burn-it Down Build-it Back in 7 days. 

ummmm.......nevermind.

*Closet Darksider*

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 07:11:25 PM »

I'll be there.  Just want to run some wiring for a light bar and for a Stebel horn.  Count me in for lunch.  I'll bring along some chips and salsa.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 10:35:48 PM »

I will be there and looking to do a valve job. I also need to change my oil (engine and final) but if I will be in the way, it can wait 'till I get home. I am going to try to drop the bike off after work on Friday. I will ride it to work and drop it off on my way home. I live in Webster and work off 1960, so if I get off at 5, I should get there by 6. I will try to get off a little early so I don't miss you. I will bring some basic tools, a jack, and $2.00 for lunch.

Looking forward to a day of wrenchin'  O0

I've got extra gear oil if someone else wants to use it. I'll probably bring my soldering iron and solder if people need to do wiring. I gotta see what's going on saturday that I'm "supposed" to do, but I should be there just to hang..... and eat, but not too much.

galpd320

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 08:08:53 AM »

I've got extra gear oil if someone else wants to use it. I'll probably bring my soldering iron and solder if people need to do wiring. I gotta see what's going on saturday that I'm "supposed" to do, but I should be there just to hang..... and eat, but not too much.

Thanks. Let me know what I owe you for it when we get there.
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal