Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2014 Indian  (Read 5610 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: 2014 Indian
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 10:13:11 AM »

i just got back from galveston riding my indian the old Comanche got new paint, man i miss riding with yall.

We miss you as well, one of a kind my brother. :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »

There's a lot of talk going on about the new Indian -- let see how they pan out after a couple of years.
I like em a lot myself, heck I have had polaris 4 wheelers and they have met all my expectations and I expect the motorcycle will also meet the mustard.
I love my VTX and will have it in my garage until I turn to dust.  :thumbup: She's the purddies and fastes 1300 out there ;D :D

I love my X but after riding 9 of the new Indians for more than 5 hours over 3 days, she's just not in their league. It was extremely tough on the ride home from MN knowing all the areas she is a little needing in. I'll keep her and love her forever but, I've already bought a 14 Indian Vintage. I've ridden a lot of bikes and this one is up there with the best. HD makes a great bike as does Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha etc. it is nice to see another manufacturer out there to give HD a run in the "American Made" category of the heavy cruiser market. What I really like is Polaris removed all the reasons NOT to buy....5 year warranty, Polaris backing the brand, guarantied resale of 70% after 2 years and 60% after 3, cost is reasonable for this type of bike at $21,900. Yes for a Metric this is considered high, but not for the market demographic Indian is pursuing. They are directly targeting HD, with some expected defections from the Metric and Victory.

Mark I think it would be great if when you get your Indian, you let borrow it for a bout a week and get a feel for it.  :t :t :t  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 06:12:05 PM »

There's a lot of talk going on about the new Indian -- let see how they pan out after a couple of years.
I like em a lot myself, heck I have had polaris 4 wheelers and they have met all my expectations and I expect the motorcycle will also meet the mustard.
I love my VTX and will have it in my garage until I turn to dust.  :thumbup: She's the purddies and fastes 1300 out there ;D :D

I love my X but after riding 9 of the new Indians for more than 5 hours over 3 days, she's just not in their league. It was extremely tough on the ride home from MN knowing all the areas she is a little needing in. I'll keep her and love her forever but, I've already bought a 14 Indian Vintage. I've ridden a lot of bikes and this one is up there with the best. HD makes a great bike as does Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha etc. it is nice to see another manufacturer out there to give HD a run in the "American Made" category of the heavy cruiser market. What I really like is Polaris removed all the reasons NOT to buy....5 year warranty, Polaris backing the brand, guarantied resale of 70% after 2 years and 60% after 3, cost is reasonable for this type of bike at $21,900. Yes for a Metric this is considered high, but not for the market demographic Indian is pursuing. They are directly targeting HD, with some expected defections from the Metric and Victory.

Mark I think it would be great if when you get your Indian, you let borrow it for a bout a week and get a feel for it.  :t :t :t  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

I would love to but I think the wife would wipe my arse  :couch:

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »

There is a rumor floating around that there might be a dealership coming to Weatherford. I'll be in a big hurt if that happens. Right now my excuse not to have one is there isn't a dealer near by. Backup excuse is they don't come in white. But that red is sure growing on me. :redcard:
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

I would love to but I think the wife would wipe my arse  :couch:

You know I would never actually barrow another fella's bike.
Pretty sure I have never ridden any bike that did not belong to me.  :bikerider:

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »

Well she finally showed up last Monday afternoon. Only took 3 months to the day from the time I ordered her to show up at the house. The 509th Indian off the Polaris Indian production line.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 05:02:22 AM »

:congrats: it's a fine looking bike.

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 07:21:18 AM »

Its about time you posted the pics!  I have been dieing to see it!!  She is a beaut, hope you enjoy it!  :notworthy:
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »

Two very fine bikes indeed.  Congrats Mark.  Can't wait to catch a look at it in person. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »

Let's ride neighbor!  Not today with a windchill of 20+...but maybe when it warms back up!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »

You have two beautiful bikes Mark....may you have years of safe and fun riding on them.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 08:10:49 PM »

Thanks everyone. Can't wait for the weather to get into the 60's to ride some.

Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal