Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I would rather someone slap me in the mouth.................  (Read 2465 times)

Snakebite

• Rider
  • Ride 'em or sell 'em, we're burnin' daylight.

than have to clean stock VTX rims.  I have 2 with Chrome rims, and it is a piece of cake.  The '05 I picked up has the stock rims.  I had forgotten what a pain in the butt it is to keep them looking clean.  THEY WON'T be stock long if I keep it.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: I would rather someone slap me in the mouth.................
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »

:agree: :cuss: :banghead:  I feel the same way. I don't mind waxing or polishing but I hate to do the wheels!          :cuss: :cuss:         :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 06:58:07 PM »

the nice thing about the Goldwing is you only need to do the front, can't see the back for all the tupperware! :bikerider:
It's all just part of the adventure!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »

White Diamond Metal Polish is the only way to clean rims.  Once you spend the time to do them right the first time, cleaning them is a breeze.

Snakebite

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »

I've used Diamond, Bam metal cleaner, Honda metal cleaner, Semi-chrome and a few others over the years, and I don't care what you use, it is still a pain in the butt.  Even putting it up on the mc jack, and getting it up, the lack of space is what makes it tough.
I guarantee about 2 more cleanings, and those bad boys will be at the chrome shop.

Snakebite

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:26:04 AM »

the nice thing about the Goldwing is you only need to do the front, can't see the back for all the tupperware! :bikerider:

When I had my '04 Wing, I jacked it up and did the rear as well.  I guess I'm pretty anal about keeping my bike clean.  I jack 'em up so I can get to the underneath at least twice a year.
On long trips, I'm cleaning it up (top side) when we stop for the day, or first thing the next morning.  My life long friend of 50 years does the same thing.  We've ridden together since we were youngsters.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

My 03 had been sitting on a front porch by a lake for over a year. I cleaned the front one while I had it off doing the fork seals and the back one when I ad to replace the rear bearings. It was still a royal pain even with the wheels off of the bike; they both looked a dark grey & have some pitting.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »

My bike was clean when I bought it.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 11:55:48 AM »

:thumbup:  Before the bug targets??   :rofl:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 07:14:49 PM »

Wheels suck not as bad as having teeth pulled but close.

Amen!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »

White Diamond. a drill and a polishing ball (Walmart); works the best for me on the Wing!!!  Front and rear, polish and then seal...takes me about 1 1/2 hrs to complete.  Almost look chrome when done...

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »

White Diamond. a drill and a polishing ball (Walmart); works the best for me on the Wing!!!  Front and rear, polish and then seal...takes me about 1 1/2 hrs to complete.  Almost look chrome when done...

Ding...ding...ding...we have a winner!  Work smarter, not harder!   :thumbup:

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:18 AM »

i HAD THAT IDEA YEARS AGO SO i SOLD THE IDEA TO wham O  FOR FIFTY THOUSAND i SEE THAT wALMART HAS MONOPOLIZE IT FOR YOUR CHEAP ASSES i USED IT ONE TIME BEFORE THE IDEA WAS MADE i HAVE TO SAY IT'S ALL IN YOUR HANDS AND MINE TO DO THINGS LIKE COLD GLASS OF BUTTER MILK OR A WARM PIECE OF A WOMEN'S BUT SHE PRETTY AND SHINES UP LIKE A PENNY THAT'S HARD TO GET HER TO GIVE IT UP. SHE LOVE IT. aFTER HER FIRST TIME ON THE WHEELS SHE WANTS MORE CAUSE SHE LIKES IT.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 07:34:18 AM »

i HAD THAT IDEA YEARS AGO SO i SOLD THE IDEA TO wham O  FOR FIFTY THOUSAND i SEE THAT wALMART HAS MONOPOLIZE IT FOR YOUR CHEAP ASSES i USED IT ONE TIME BEFORE THE IDEA WAS MADE i HAVE TO SAY IT'S ALL IN YOUR HANDS AND MINE TO DO THINGS LIKE COLD GLASS OF BUTTER MILK OR A WARM PIECE OF A WOMEN'S BUT SHE PRETTY AND SHINES UP LIKE A PENNY THAT'S HARD TO GET HER TO GIVE IT UP. SHE LOVE IT. aFTER HER FIRST TIME ON THE WHEELS SHE WANTS MORE CAUSE SHE LIKES IT.

"Lori?  Have you seen my TXR decoder ring?  I think I lost it a couple of years ago, but I need it NOW!!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal