Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sunday ride  (Read 2411 times)

WoundedKnee

• Rider
Sunday ride
« on: July 07, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »

Just got back from riding to a biker church about 45 miles away in the beautiful little town of Gatesville, where the houses have wheels and the cars don't.
WoundedKnee, the other Gary

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Sunday ride
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »

:c :c :rofl: :rofl: :hmm: I think I've seen several of church areas before.   :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:13:09 PM »

I was in Gatesville last week,where the mommas get up at night to give their babies a smoke break. working tho. no fun.
It's all just part of the adventure!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »

Just got back from riding to a biker church about 45 miles away in the beautiful little town of Gatesville, where the houses have wheels and the cars don't.

Then you were in my neck of the woods. I'm about 20 minutes south of Gatesville in Copperas Cove. I have seen that church before. Did you attend the services &, if so, how were they?

WoundedKnee

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »

Then you were in my neck of the woods. I'm about 20 minutes south of Gatesville in Copperas Cove. I have seen that church before. Did you attend the services &, if so, how were they?

Yes, I was there for the service. Been wanting to see what it was about for a while. Nice, friendly bunch of folks but I'm not sure if I will go back.
WoundedKnee, the other Gary

Snakebite

• Rider
  • Ride 'em or sell 'em, we're burnin' daylight.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

I really like riding in that area.  I grew up in Salado on a farm until I was 13.  Moved to Borger from there.  Quite a culture shock from a town of about 350 at the time to one that was oil field booming in Borger about 20,000 back then.  Those kids wore shoes to school every day.  Unbelieveable.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »

I really like riding in that area.  I grew up in Salado on a farm until I was 13.  Moved to Borger from there.  Quite a culture shock from a town of about 350 at the time to one that was oil field booming in Borger about 20,000 back then.  Those kids wore shoes to school every day.  Unbelieveable.

:agree: I hear ya!!  I moved to Copperas Cove in 1963 & have watched it grow to the point where I would love to move outside of town!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »

I grew up in Killeen, left in '68 when I was 18. Couldn't get out fast enough. Some nice riding around there though. Didn't appreciate it at the time.
It's all just part of the adventure!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:04:21 AM »

I grew up in Killeen, left in '68 when I was 18. Couldn't get out fast enough. Some nice riding around there though. Didn't appreciate it at the time.

I hear ya. There are those that I grew up with that said the same thing and are now finding their way back. I haven't met very many people that have a so-so attitude about this area. You either love it or hate it!!!!

Snakebite

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »

There is some great riding, and some very good folks in that area.

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 05:34:11 AM »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Yes, you are correct but, with the coming and going of all the soldiers as of lately, we seem to be getting a lot more  :angryno: "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" attitudes and the  :crazy: "GET OUT OF MY WAY, I'M THE KING OF THIS ROAD" type of drivers. 

Snakebite

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 05:56:12 AM »

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Yes, you are correct but, with the coming and going of all the soldiers as of lately, we seem to be getting a lot more  :angryno: "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" attitudes and the  :crazy: "GET OUT OF MY WAY, I'M THE KING OF THIS ROAD" type of drivers. 

My youngest son is a 14 year Army SF soldier (438 combat missions).  He has ridden since he was 6 (he's 32 now), and has been the motorcycle instructor for his unit for 4 years (certified Advanced Motorcycle Safety trainer).  He also did some road racing (track) while he was stationed in Hawaii.  A soldier don't want him to see them being a fool on a motorcycle.  He will make damn sure they don't do it again.  He just transferred to Ft Bragg in NC last month. 

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 06:13:59 AM »

:flag:THANK HIM FOR HIS SERVICE FOR ME!!!!  I'm not saying that these problems are strictly due the the soldiers but this is what I have noticed since we have been having all the deployments lately. A lot of the older soldiers know how to get along with the community because they end up staying here for sometime. The younger ones don't try to get along. We have quite a bit of road construction  going on right now so traffic in some areas gets backed up. We have lanes that merge, the signs have been up for 6-8 months, but we still have drivers that will stay in the lane that merges until they can not go any further and then force their way into the other lane and then flip you off because you honked at them for almost causing a wreck. Just irks me, that's all. Stepping off my soapbox now.

Snakebite

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »

I drove back and forth to Ponca City, Ok. for 2 years due to 2 major projects up there.  There was a 3 mile stretch under construction on I-35 for the whole time.  They had signs up for about 5 miles warning of having to merge to one lane.  Then about 1/2 mile prior to merge, it said "Merge Now".  Invariably there were from 5 to 15 cars who would run right up to the barricade and try to move in.  Everyone else had started merging long before the 1/2 mile sign.  There are idiots everywhere who feel they shouldn't have to wait for anything or anyone.
Drive through Dallas or Houston sometime.  Construction there all the time, and I've seen people blocking, and even fisticuffs over the very same thing.  One guy blocked another from cutting in.  The guy being blocked jumped out of his car with a small bat.  The guy blocking got out of his truck, took the bat away and knocked the idiot on his Cranberries, and then through the bat at him, got in his truck and drove on.  I'm sitting about 5 cars back laughing my butt off.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »

Believe it or not, it's more efficient to have two lanes merge at the end, not drop down to one, and leave an open lane. The problem is that people are dickheads, and aren't capable of letting a car into "your" lane "ahead" of you.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal