Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Post your last 100+ mile day ride  (Read 3365 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Post your last 100+ mile day ride
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »

Mike, Congratulations on the new to you bike................

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »

Jason, those are some cool shots.  You know, I swear I've seen those photos on another thread that someone mentioned they had been there.  Where were those taken?  Would love to just ride out and visit those spots.

Mike, Congrats on the new bike.  I was just up there in the DFW area this past weekend as well.

Well my last 100+ mile ride consisted of going to Irving with a friend to pick up is 2012 Triglide Ultra.  He's currently has a 2006 Triumph Speedmaster and a 1970 BSA.  Said he needed something a little more stable b/c he has had 3 knee surgeries.  So yeah, this will definitely keep it up and no chance of dropping and scratching chrome or paint.  So we picked this beauty up Saturday morning and it was about 35 degrees out.

It's pretty much loaded.

THen we took off to Fort Worh to get some lunch at the famous Reata restaurant and man was that food freaking good.  While there we met this old timer with a walking cane, but the end of the cane was a mini antique pistol grip

Also while there we found out that Katy was having their state champtionship game at the Cowboy Stadium so we changed our plans and went to watch the game.  We had a good time and Katy won 35-24 to boot.

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 09:07:30 AM »

Matap, your friend's trike is very nice.  Wayne and I have decided that when we get to a point where we can't keep our 2 wheelers up then we will go to a trike also. 
Loved the cane
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »

Nice ride report Paul, sweet trike
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »

Matap, your friend's trike is very nice.  Wayne and I have decided that when we get to a point where we can't keep our 2 wheelers up then we will go to a trike also. 
Loved the cane

He still rides pretty good on a two-wheeler, but his wife retired early, real early, and he want's to ride with her more.  This trike will allow them to do so.  His Triumph was way to small to really enjoy a long ride for a passenger.  She went with us this weekend and she loved everything about the trike. 

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »

Jason, those are some cool shots.  You know, I swear I've seen those photos on another thread that someone mentioned they had been there.  Where were those taken?  Would love to just ride out and visit those spots.

Paul, I went back and added the locations of those pictures.  You've probably passed that barn many times if you've ridden FM 3090 on the way to Yankees Tavern.  I know I've ridden that road more times than I can remember, but I swear I've never seen that before...probably due to how fast we ride through there.   ;D

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 08:38:43 AM »

Phyllis and I took our annual ride to San Antonio on Saturday to give out gifts to the injured military and their family’s at Brook Army Medical Hospital, had a great ride, a little cool in the morning but It was nice on Sunday coming home.

We had a nice dinner with a few riding friends at Mi Tierra in Market Square on Saturday night, rode the trolleys’ from hell and had a great time.

Hope all had a great Christmas.

See you all soon.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adopt-a-Hero-for-Christmas/108120792583367

:couch:            :goldwing:
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »

Big Bend last weekend was 1200 over three days, so there must have been a 100 mile day in there somewhere.  ;D

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

matap

• Board
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Sweet.  I've still yet to make it out to Big Bend to ride.  I will one of these days.   :(

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

I wish I would have known you and Ruthie were at the Katy game, Paul; I would have come up! I caught them when they beat Cibilo Steele the week before at Baylor, but couldn't find anyone in CenTex that wanted to make the trip to Dallas for the final game. 7 titles and counting!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:15 PM »

Took vacation right after Christmas, My Son in Law and me rode out to the hill country. He is a new rider so I wanted to show him the area. Rode all the usuall roads,  Willow city, the Sisters thru Utopia and Tarpley. Rode down to Bracketville and came back by Alamo city to rock springs and Fredricksberg. 1000 miles plus.
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:57 PM »

I wish I would have known you and Ruthie were at the Katy game, Paul; I would have come up! I caught them when they beat Cibilo Steele the week before at Baylor, but couldn't find anyone in CenTex that wanted to make the trip to Dallas for the final game. 7 titles and counting!

We barely even knew we where going.  It was a last minute thing.  Next time I'll keep you mind, assuming of course that Katy makes the Championship game again.  ::)

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »

We ride to Arkansas several times a year. Nice hills and curves. It makes for a fun ride. Oh ya! and mexican food in Mina.  :bikerider:
2007 1800N Charcoal

matap

• Board
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »

We ride to Arkansas several times a year. Nice hills and curves. It makes for a fun ride. Oh ya! and mexican food in Mina.  :bikerider:

We need specifics of a ride Opos04  :bikerider:. Not that you ride there several times a year. :stickpoke:  Photos go good with story telling too. :popcorn:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »

Loved the cane

Hmm that sould be pretty soon then Huh ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal