Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Post your last 100+ mile day ride  (Read 3370 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Post your last 100+ mile day ride
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

A couple weeks ago Ruthy and I took off for day ride to the hill country.  Left about 7 a.m., first stop was in Gruene, we shopped around, well she mostly shopped around and bought stuff.  Then for lunch we took off to Driftwood to eat at The Salt Lick.  For those of you who have not been there, you need to make this your next stop for 'que'(been there about 5 times myself, already).  It's excellent and atmosphere is great.  And Oh!  Gumbo, you would love this place if you haven't been already, but they have their own vineyard & winery.  Afterwards we took some nice curvy road back to Wimberley, specifically FM150 down to FM3137 into Wimberley.  This road was a nice fast, up & down, & curvy road.  We stuck around and Ruthy shopped again.  Anyways, we started to make our way back home and arrived around 8pm.  Total was about 375 miles at a very easy pace.  The highlight of the ride is when we stopped at Gruene HD was we saw this sportster with a side cart and the passenger of the side cart was this buddy (below in pic) named Cooper.  He is about 4 years old from what the owner said and since he was a month old puppy he has been riding. 

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Post your last 100+ mile day ride
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »

Thanks for the post, it is now on my must do list  :lunch: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »

Well, my last 100+ mile ride was last Friday going to work. It is a 100 mile round trip each day...not nearly as cool of a story as yours Matap. 
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 04:59:24 PM »

Been to the Salt Lick, better than Coopers in NEW Braunfels. . Coupla weeks ago, Rode with Step Bro and Son in Law down to Galveston. Went the back way thru High Island and rode the ferry into Gveston. Kinda cool riding the bike onto the ferry.
It's all just part of the adventure!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:32:24 AM »

My last 100 + ride was the day of Pete’s (RocknRoll) memorial service. It was a nice service, we went to lunch first with a large group of people, but only a few were off for the day to ride. It was just Marigold, Pepsx and me. We left Kingwood went to Cleveland back roads to Conroe then to Richards, then Navasota and we split up from there and headed home. I had Pete’s pins on my jackets thought about my long time friend as we rode and enjoyed the company.
It had a been along time since I had ridden with my old friends and as we rode I know we all thought about our old friend Pete. It was a beautiful day to ride in remembrances of an old friend. It was a good day on the road, RIP my friend.

To this day every time I ride in the cold I always think of Pete as the two coldest rides I have ever been on he was there and I remember stopping for coffee or hot cocoa to warm up and chat.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 05:37:56 PM »

Last Saturday's ride (12/15):  http://goo.gl/maps/WFwtn

I'm on my quest to 100K miles by the end of the year.  Along the way I found some wood-covered bridges, a cool barn with the Texas flag painted on it and the cheapest gas I've ever seen!   ;D

Mt. Mariah Road

FM 3090

North Zulch (corner of FM 39 & SH 21

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:26:44 AM by MRVTX »

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »

Very cool Jason!!  :thumbup:
 Need to visit that gas station and tank up! ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 06:18:36 AM »

That's the price that gas was when my Dad had his service station. I pumped a lot of gas at that price when I was in High School in 1967. sheesh

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »

Nice pictures and hope you make the 100K  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:32:18 PM »

Thanks Sherri and Jason...................
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »

Last 100+ mile ride was yesterday (Saturday).  I rode my new '08 Goldwing (not new, but new for me) home from Buffalo, TX.  The seller (a really good guy and a straight shooter) rode it down from his home Arlington to Buffalo, which was about half way between Arlington and Houston.  The traffic was heavy because of the holidays, but the weather was very pleasant, and the bike rode like a dream.

Wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my fellow X Riders,

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »

Congrats on the new bike Mike.  Glad you had a beautiful day to ride it home.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »

Congrats Mike on the new ride. Pics and details please. Did you sell the other 2?

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

Congrats Mike on the new ride. Pics and details please. Did you sell the other 2?
Yes enquireing Xriders want to know!!   ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal