Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Telemarketer  (Read 1127 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
The Telemarketer
« on: September 07, 2006, 05:26:35 PM »

I borrowed this off another site; thought y'all might enjoy it:

The family and I had just sat down to our evening meal when the phone rang. Figuring that only the job would call me at that time, I answered the phone, anticipating a callout.An unfamiliar voice asked, "Is this Karl Brummer?" Since my name doesn't sound anything like Karl Brummer, I asked who was calling. The voice replied that he was with the Rubber Band Powered Freezer Company, or something like that. I then asked him if he knew Karl Brummer personally, and why he was calling. Before the voice could reply I said, off to the side, "get some pictures of the body at various angles, and some good closeups of the blood spatter." I then turned back to the phone and informed the voice that he had entered a crime scene and could not hang up the phone; the call was being traced and he would be receiving a visit from one of our investigators shortly. I then questioned the voice in great detail about his name, address, employment, relationship with the dead guy, and where he had been for the past hour. I then told him that I didn't believe a word he was saying, and that we had located his office and the tactical team was on its way upstairs to take him into custody. I heard a panicked moan and the phone went dead.

As I returned to the table the wife asked why I had tears on my face. It took fifteen minutes to get the story out. My meal was cold, but it was GREAT!!
02 1800C

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Re: The Telemarketer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 05:29:48 PM »

lol

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »

I'm going to try that one.

When I was a kid some girl called my house (wrong number) and asked for Paul. After about the third time she called I asked her name she gave it to me and I said he told me if you called he was with some other chick I don't remember any of their names, but I sure would have hated to be Paul the next time she seen him.

quietguy

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

LOL@dead phone... cute

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »

As I explained in another post, I'm spending a nostalgic afternoon (translation: can't go for a ride) sipping bourbon (on the sixth one; finally got a weekend I'm not on call, that's why I'm sipping heavily, and the heavy sipping is why I'm not riding), going through old threads. This one brought back memories of a phone call I received shortly after I moved to the Houston area, a few months after I got back from RVN (that'll date it for you old farts; if you're too young to know what RVN means, vote for Hitlery). I was actually in my bed asleep; I was working an 8 on/8 off on-call schedule for the railroad, and had to answer the phone if it rang.

It rang.

I answered.

A giggly, juvenile, female-sounding voice (back in those days I was not wise to the ways of the world, and I did not have an unpublished telephone number) asked if my refrigerator was running.

For some reason totally beyond my comprehension, I had an epiphany. I can offer no explanation for this epiphany, and it is certainly not consistent with my slow to no-witted character.  Folks who know me will tell you that I think in reverse; the longer ago the event was the clearer my recollection (hint: see statute of limitations) . If it happened this week I ain't got a clue what you're talking about; I wasn't there and I don't own a gun in that caliber.

Anyway, the giggly little woofie (if any of you female members are offended by the word woofie, I'm sorry that you feel that way. While I acknowledge that the term woofie may certainly be interpreted as a derogatory reference to the female gender by politically correct and/or gender-specifically sensitive females, I reserve the right to utilize the word in the context in which I believe the word was originally conceived, which is the context in which this old fart is familiar) asked if my refrigerator was running. Naturally, that's when the epiphany occured.

I told her, "Yes."

She replied (hysterically laughing), "Ya better go catch it!!!"

I waited until the hysterics subsided, and said. "I can't; I lost both legs in Viet Nam."

Now I don't know if this woofie (sorry, ladies) actually believed me, or if a snappy and contrary reply just threw her (and I suppose that I should interject here that I'm not implying that females are incapable of discerning the truth, or are easily confused by the truth), but there was a long, pregnant silence (once again, ladies [or if there's a term that's politically more correct than ladies] I apologize if the terminology is not current) was in a chemically altered state of consciousness or not, but after the long, pregnant (again, I'm not mocking motherhood, but the words I chose, within the context I have chosen, have been universally accepted [until recently, anyway], as describing an apprehensive delay in response to an interrogatory statement. Anyway, after a several-second silence, she hung up.

The preceding story is true. No innocent animals or undocumented workers ( illegal aliens, to Texans) were harmed, killed, tortured, or unlawfully questioned about their immigration status during the recollection of this event.
02 1800C

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 07:43:19 PM »

I got tired just reading that last one... ;D What kind of bourbon where you sippin'?
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:04:49 PM »

Jim....you've been reading too much legalize. ???
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 05:44:49 PM »

Man - you gotta watch drinking that Jack Beam Turkey!!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal