Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hostess from the other side  (Read 1589 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Hostess from the other side
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:11:29 AM »

I'm not taking sides but this is the view point from the other side. As he states, the workers get cut while the failing CEO's continue to get paid. Just like the former head of Home Depot, Chrysler not to mention GM, and the bailed out bankers.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/18/1162786/-Inside-the-Hostess-Bankery#
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Hostess from the other side
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:13:11 PM »

I will take sides, I have watched CEO after CEO leave Compaq / HP taking millions with them, all the while benefits and salaries going down.
 :pot:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »

no

The unions are the cream filled goodness of this AppleSauce twinky.

As The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, "Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union." That would be the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union (BCTGM). The company's largest union, the Teamsters, agreed to major concessions after union leaders were granted access to the company's books. According to the Associated Press, the Teamsters urged the BCTGM to rethink the strike, saying that Hostess really could no longer afford the generous, previously agreed upon contract. The smaller union refused. One BCTGM worker shouted from a picket line last week, "Shut it down!"

"Like GM and Chrysler, Hostess, maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and other baked goods, bore an enormous burden of imprudent labor contracts. Business Insider reported in January that "rising labor costs are really killing the company's balance sheet." According to the company's bankruptcy filings, "an astonishing 97 percent of the company's unsecured claims are from employee pension funds, totaling nearly $1 billion." "

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121118/OPINION01/121119183

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »

I will take sides, I have watched CEO after CEO leave Compaq / HP taking millions with them, all the while benefits and salaries going down.

It's that way with just about any large corporation now.  The top execs get rich, while the rest of the people get shafted.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »

It's that way with just about any large corporation now.  The top execs get rich, while the rest of the people get shafted.
Just look at Walmart to see that happening!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:48:30 AM »

I like my union. Keeps my AppleSauce twinkie full of goodness.

no

The unions are the cream filled goodness of this AppleSauce twinky.

As The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, "Hostess ultimately was brought to its knees by a national strike orchestrated by its second-largest union." That would be the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union (BCTGM). The company's largest union, the Teamsters, agreed to major concessions after union leaders were granted access to the company's books. According to the Associated Press, the Teamsters urged the BCTGM to rethink the strike, saying that Hostess really could no longer afford the generous, previously agreed upon contract. The smaller union refused. One BCTGM worker shouted from a picket line last week, "Shut it down!"

"Like GM and Chrysler, Hostess, maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and other baked goods, bore an enormous burden of imprudent labor contracts. Business Insider reported in January that "rising labor costs are really killing the company's balance sheet." According to the company's bankruptcy filings, "an astonishing 97 percent of the company's unsecured claims are from employee pension funds, totaling nearly $1 billion." "

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20121118/OPINION01/121119183

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal