Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Arkansas Rt 7  (Read 2856 times)

old school Mike

• Rider
  • Old School Mike
Arkansas Rt 7
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »

Has anyone ridden Arkansas Rt. 7 ?  According to their web site it is a good bike ride.  Please chime in and let me know.
Mike

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Arkansas Rt 7
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:29:38 PM »

Yep road it  :thumbup:
Nice road it from top to bottom, it is a good ride but ARK has tons of good roads, check out the pig trail.

I would not mind making another ride, in the fall, tooooo dang hot now.  :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »

Yep, AR 7 is a great route.  start from Caddo Valley and may your way North all the way to Eureka Springs. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »

:notworthy:   Yes.  Been done that .   Very nice ride and close!!!!   Still the best 50 mile ride I have eve made is Going to tje Sun Highway in Glasure Nationsl Park!!!!   I want to go back for the third time!!!!!!  Ride safe ride long
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »

Scenic 7 is a great ride.
It is long.  Lots of twisties and sweepers.  The road surface is very good and the turns are marked well.

2005 VTX 1300C

figowitz

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »

And be SURE to ride AR123 that's off AR7, about 40 miles north of Russellville.  

It ain't called the Arkansas Dragon for nothing.  It's spectacular!!!!!!!  

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/28/Arkansas/The-Arkansas-Dragon---Hwy-123.html

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 07:23:13 AM »

If you have a day to burn in Arkansas, there are 3 really nice state parks in the Russellville area. 
Hwy 7 will take you into Russellville.

Mt. Nebo SP.  VERY cool ride to the top. Scenic.
Mt. Magazine SP.  Very scenic at the top.  Beautiful lodge and restaurant up there also. Cabins.
Petit Jean SP.  Nice ride in. Scenic. Nice restaurant. Cabins.

Don't bother with Lake Dardanelle SP. Not much to see there unless you like a big murky lake.
2005 VTX 1300C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »

When do you plan on making the ride?? ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

old school Mike

• Rider
  • Old School Mike
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »

I am planning a ride up there the fisrt week of Oct.  I would like to see some fall colors and jacket weather. I could use some company if anyone is free this fall.  Dates are a good guess at this point.

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:20:41 PM »

I am planning a ride up there the fisrt week of Oct.  I would like to see some fall colors and jacket weather.
You will likely need a jacket in early October, but will the leave change by then?
2005 VTX 1300C

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »

last time I went was early October and I don't recall seeing a drastic contrast in the leaves color changing, then again, it was so rainy, I don't recall seeing much of anything.  :-\
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 05:18:26 AM »

I'm heading up there at the end of October for the color.Then straight back to Galveston rally.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 06:17:24 AM »

October sounds really good, I just might be up for a ride then.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :bikerider:

old school Mike

• Rider
  • Old School Mike
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

I got on the Arkansas web site and you guys are right. Fall colors peak the last week of Oct.   Guess that's when i'll plan a trip.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »

I got on the Arkansas web site and you guys are right. Fall colors peak the last week of Oct.   Guess that's when i'll plan a trip.

I'm in  :thumbup:
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal