Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 4622 times)

VTXER

• Rider
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

black is correct if your talking about sport bikes. But with cruisers its orange. Just an FYI..
Btw welcome  :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome! I know you guys are just pulling my leg about the fastest color so I went to Google and posted up " fastest color on a Honda vtx" and went to images.
Low and behold on the first page, first line of pictures, 4th picture was a picture of an 02 1800 VTX and the color was purple. Guess that settles it!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=fastest+color+on+a+honda+vtx&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=800&bih=419&tbm=isch&tbnid=XaZwD6zcHfqdjM:&imgrefurl=http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/121/988/Motorcycle-Article/2002-Honda-VTX1800.aspx&docid=Mnt62Ew4cj13pM&imgurl=http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/action_4.jpg&w=640&h=480&ei=vGfoT_qgBaGU2AX5h5jaCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=495&vpy=71&dur=4516&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=154&ty=130&sig=113447438143441494607&page=1&tbnh=102&tbnw=145&start=0&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:83

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:45 AM »

I don't charge anything.  You bring your supplies, and we watch you do it, LOL.  We just get together and help each other out.  BradN came over this weekend and we changed his oil and filter, final drive oil, spark plugs, and flushed his brake and clutch.  My wife's bike got new fork seals to replace a leaky one.  If you are new to the bike, it helps to have someone around that has done some of the work before, and sometimes a second set of hands is helpful too.

Oh that sounds ok, we can do this. Got a date set for the tech session yet?

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »

I just read about your last tech session and do you always bang heads and break fingers at you session? Should I bring bandaids and splints?  :ohwow:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »

'Been needing to bring her out for awhile now..................................and Google lied to you, too!   ;D   :stickpoke:

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 08:12:12 AM »

I saw your bike on google too, it was down on the 2nd page at the bottom with the Vespa's  :boxing: Thanks for the welcome and bringing your lady friend out to play!
Ron

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »

I saw your bike on google too, it was down on the 2nd page at the bottom with the Vespa's  :boxing: Thanks for the welcome and bringing your lady friend out to play!
Ron
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think I am going to like this guy!

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

jchammer123

• Tejano
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:37 AM »

:agree:

I like the humor in this thread!!!  Especially the part about purple being the fastest, hilarious  :stickpoke:

In all seriousness, welcome to the thread and I look forward to seeing more from ya!!!  :congrats:
Your bike is like your a**, you can wipe it as much as you want, but if you want it clean you gotta use soap and water!!!
(Taken from a member on another board)

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »

Thanks for the welcomes again and I think I'll like this place too!  :c

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »

Ron

You don't believe everything Google tells you, do you?   ;)  :laugh:

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »

Welcome to the group!!!   Now....where have I seen that avatar before?  ???
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 11:00:51 AM »

The seller lied. Like VTX-Dan said, black is the fastest. That's common knowledge.     :c

Larry haven't you learned, it's not how fast you get there, it's about getting there  :thumbup: :thumbup: :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »

I just read about your last tech session and do you always bang heads and break fingers at you session? Should I bring bandaids and splints?  :ohwow:

I only bang people in the head if they don't pay attention.  As for the finger, it just got bent, not broken.  Brad did not mention that he busted his own knuckle on a spark plug removal, but rest assured, we have plenty of band aids for the cuts, and you can wear your helmet to prevent the garage door from slapping your skull...

Justin VTX

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

Welcome to the group!!!   Now....where have I seen that avatar before?  ???

Google has bunches

VTXER

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »

I only bang people in the head if they don't pay attention. 

Mr. Justin I will pay verrry close attention and hang on evey word you say!  (Just in case I don't have my helmet)

BradN

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »

Ron,

I was actually just busting Jim's chops. His garage is actually set up nicer to work on bikes than a dealership! Jim (JustinVTX) and Janatha (Wahoo) were also wonderful hosts! I had a great time visiting with them all and learned a lot in the process. I wish I would have been able to watch more of the fork seal swap. I was busy on my bike while all the good stuff happened over there. I was only able to get in on it as it was being put back together.

I am hoping to do some major surgery on my bike toward the end of this week. I was planning to do it this weekend but I realized this morning that we are going out of town. I plan to flush the cooling system, do the ground fix, pair valve mod, and install hard bags.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal