Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: North Texas Tech Session  (Read 2850 times)

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
North Texas Tech Session
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:59:25 AM »

Hey guys,

We are having a tech session tomorrow at the house in Justin.  We are doing fork seals on Wahoo's bike and a new guy is coming from Ponder to do oil and fluid changes.  We will get started about 9:00 AM.  We can throw some burgers on the grill for lunch and some beer in the coolers for refreshments. Our garage has an AC in it, and a few fans will keep it comfortable.  Let me know if you want to come by, and I'll PM you our address...

Jim   

Justin VTX

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: North Texas Tech Session
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »

Now ya tell me!!  ;D
Wish I could come but have some things to do.
Yall have fun!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

BradN

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »

I'm the new guy! I've been lurking around here and haven't introduced myself yet. I just bought a 2003 VTX 1800S and I am tickled to death! I have been looking for a bike for close to a year now. Picked it up last Wednesday and put 700 miles on it in a week. Look forward to meeting you all on the road!

VTXChad - Those things don't HAVE to be done tomorrow.  :stickpoke:

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

Sorry for the late notice, but the fork seal blew out on the way home from Miller Grove, and we are trying to get it ready for Colorado in a week.  I think you are responsible, and you stould be here.  Just kidding...  Maybe next time. 

Justin VTX

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 03:48:55 PM »

I would be there for sure since you are offering up beer but I totaled my 1300 in January. I was hoping for a tech session but darn, too late for me. Did you put this up on the VTXOA and VTXCAFE. You might beat a few more out of the bushes. :flag:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:54:51 PM by larry5081 »
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

T-BIRD

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 04:37:39 AM »

Jim thanks for the offer and your hospitality. I finally got the tins back last week and will be putting them back on the bike today. With NO AIR CONDITION GARAGE. Thanks John
>Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
<a href="http://bighugelabs.com/map.php" style="font-size: 75%">Make yours @ BigHugeLab

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »

The reason for the fork seals going away, is the great back roads Chad lined out. It was good seeing all of you. BradN welcome. What part of the world are you from.
2007 1800N Charcoal

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »

We had a good session today.  We worked on Brad's bike and he got his oil changed, final drive fluid swapped, new plugs and we flushed his brake and clutch fluid.  Thanks to Hooters hard work, we got both of Janatha's fork seals changed and solved the nasty leak. 

I am looking forward to the next one and will try to give a little more notice than one day.

Jim

Justin VTX

Wahoo

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »

The reason for the fork seals going away, is the great back roads Chad lined out. It was good seeing all of you. BradN welcome. What part of the world are you from.

I think the reason my fork seals gave out was because I ate too much catfish  :lunch:  ;D

Thanks to Hooter & Brad & Jim for fixing my "chick" bike today  :thumbup:
Secret to a Happy Marriage -- an '02 1800C for him and an '03 1800C for ME!!!

BradN

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

It was great to meet all of you! The hospitality was great and an air conditioned garage was like cheating.

Thanks Jim for helping out a Newbie! Who knew a motorcycle wasn't supposed to stop in the same distance it takes a train?!?!  ;D

opos04 - I am from the part of the world that is about 10 miles north of Jim and Janatha (Ponder).

With Janatha's supervision, we were able to keep the casualties to a minimum. When I left, the tally was a smashed finger (Hooter) and a lacerated brain pan (me).

I did take one picture and will try to get it uploaded in a bit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:11:24 PM by BradN »

BradN

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »

I have already started assembling my list of mods for next weekend. Providing all my parts arrive, I will be doing the following:

• Ground fix mod
  • Pair valve mod
  • Replacing coolant
  • Installing hard bags

After seeing the bikes today, my bike has a serious inferiority complex!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »

:notworthy:   Glad all turned out well!!    I guess some are ready for the Coloradical !!!!!  Be safe and take some pics!!!   Welcome to the group BradN!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

Sorry for the late notice, but the fork seal blew out on the way home from Miller Grove, and we are trying to get it ready for Colorado in a week.  I think you are responsible, and you stould be here.  Just kidding...  Maybe next time.  

Don't assume you HAVE to change seals everytime or anytime a seal begins to leak.  Most of the time you proably won't have to.  That's been my experience.  Unless the tube has been dammaged, a lot of the time it's just debris in the seal and it can be swept out with a Seal Mate tool, some 35mm film or any other firm thin material that can be worked up into the seal and then slide around the tube to swept the debris out.  There are a number of seal sweeping tools on the market and they work quite well and will stop the leak IF the seal lips have not been damaged.
The procedure is a "trip saver" when your out on a long road trip and the seal begins to puke.

A Seal Mate is about $ 5.00
http://www.sealmate.net/whatpeoplearesaying.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:54:41 AM by bluestreak »
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »

That's the price for an oil change.  One concussion.  Hooter's finger had been broken before, I just bent it again for him and tried to straighten it out.

Justin VTX
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal