Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Inspection Sticker?  (Read 2773 times)

jchammer123

• Tejano
Inspection Sticker?
« on: June 11, 2012, 08:10:30 AM »

Here's what I have and I hate it!  Do I have to have the inspection sticker visible, or can I just have it with me when I ride?  I wanna take this Kawasaki license plate holder off, but it's all one piece.  Plus, I have this piece of tar running right through it.
Your bike is like your a**, you can wipe it as much as you want, but if you want it clean you gotta use soap and water!!!
(Taken from a member on another board)

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
Re: Inspection Sticker?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:28:58 AM »

My inspection sticker is on a little plate mounted to the right side of my swingarm. It is out of the way and inconspicuous, but can be seen.  The only down side is it is right above my upper exhaust pipe.  It can be tricky peeling to old sticker off when the pipes are hot.  But that really isn't my problem.  The guy at the bike shop who inspects my bike hates it though.
2005 VTX 1300C

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »

Mine is on a little plate attached to the lower shock bolt under my saddlebags.

jchammer123

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:34:43 AM »

So it doesn't neccessarily have to be visible as long as it's on the bike?  I thought about cutting the plastic piece off the holder and screwing it onto the tool kit cover.  That way all I'd have to do is pop off the painted cover and show my sticker.
Your bike is like your a**, you can wipe it as much as you want, but if you want it clean you gotta use soap and water!!!

VTX-Dan

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:09 AM »

You can see the plate and sticker right at the bend of my upper pipe.

2005 VTX 1300C

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 08:37:21 AM »

Last time I got pulled over, he didn't even ask me where mine was. It was also expired by 2 years at the time.  :bikerider:

jchammer123

• Tejano
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »

VTX-Dan, for some reason the pic is showing on my computer, but I think I know what you mean.  I always ride legal (helmet, insurance, license, etc.) but I think I"m just gonna have to take this off.  It just drives me nuts.  One lady came up to me the other day and complimented me on my bike, and then asked, "it's a Kawasaki" because of the LP holder.  I don't have anything against Kawasaki's but, I don't want to advertise it as one.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:25:17 AM »

when I got my new bike, it came off and went straight inside the saddlebag.  I'll worry about it whenever I need to.   :bikerider:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

jchammer123

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »

when I got my new bike, it came off and went straight inside the saddlebag.  I'll worry about it whenever I need to.   :bikerider:

I'm liking how you think.  I just said screw it and took it off.  I put it in my tool kit and we'll see how things go.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »

I put mine on the driveshaft tube. It's out of the way, but can be seen.
2007 1800N Charcoal

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 11:58:19 AM »

My cop buddies and a state inspection man all said it does have to be physically mounted NEAR the license plate and it must be visable from the rear of the bike, so it must be attached to the bike.  It can't be loose in your wallet even though it is bike specific due to the VIN number.
If a cop did give you a ticket becuase it was loose and not attached to the bike, you'd probably still get off but you would have the hassel factor of having to go through the process of going to court to prove you have the sticker.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:02:07 PM by bluestreak »
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »

Take your pick ebay is your friend sometimes :thumbup:  you can also pick these up at most MC shops

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Inspection+sticker+plate&_sacat=0

With that in mind this is where you can attach it!

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »

Take your pick ebay is your friend sometimes :thumbup:  you can also pick these up at most MC shops

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Inspection+sticker+plate&_sacat=0

With that in mind this is where you can attach it!

That's where I have mine, I invented a tie wrap configuration  ::) ;D ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

sparkp

• Tejano
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »

Mine is inside my left side cover. I've been asked for it twice and showed it twice, both times no issues.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal