Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big thanks for helping out!!!  (Read 1597 times)

JC507JC

• Trailer Queen
Big thanks for helping out!!!
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »

Just wanted to come in and show my appreciation to Gumbo, Blue Streak, Steve S, and Niterider for taking time outta their day and helping me get my bike wired.

Amazing job and learned a lot. Really do appreciate it a lot guys, thanks to y'all I can actually see having my bike on the road real soon. I'll see y'all at the M&G at Papa's, first round is on me.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Big thanks for helping out!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:24:31 AM »

That's we do here Carlos, not a problem at all, enjoyed the morning and the shiner.  :c :thumbup:
Now let's get that big A$$ wheel on there and ride ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »

I enjoyed the day

I have plenty of 16 gage wire for the rear light

Later

Steve

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »

No problem.....glad to help and thanks for the brew.  :thumbup:

You have a good start on what is turning out to be a great looking ride.  While everyone has there own opinions on what they like, I have to say I almost lost my breath when you said you were considering powder coating those gorgious chrome rims!   :ohwow: 
The gloss black paint on your body tins will make those rims pop.... but that's just my opinion.  If your having any doubts about which way to go, I certainly install the chrome and ride it while and see how you like it.  You can always powder coat them later.

If you need some help at EPO let me know and I'll go there with you.  I can always find stuff to buy in there.  :notworthy:

I would solder and heat shrink the wires you never plan to have to disconnect.  For the ones you need to remove at some point, I'd go with the Hitachi connectors.  Clean and professional looking.  Looks OEM because they are, but they are not waterproof.

These are the OEM Honda Hitachi connectors I was talking about.  Corsa Tech has these OEM Honda connectors which are made by Hitachi.
http://www.corsa-technic.com/category.php?category_id=53

These are generic.
http://www.easy-motorcycle.com/wire-connector-plug-5-sets-2-pins-waterproof-electrical-p-447.html

These are better and are the same as the ones found on Ford cars. They are Delphi brand.  While they are not the same as the ones found on the VTX, IMHO they are better than OEM because they are water proof.  My Honda Goldwing uses the standard non-waterproof Hitachi connectors on all of its harnesses except the ones for the air bag system. Honda uses what looks to be the same water proof Delphi connector (or a copy of it) on what Honda obviously feels is a critical application such as air bag wiring.  For all I know, it may be a DOT requirememnt to use this type of waterproof connector on all air bag systems and saftey wiring.  I'm guessing Hitachi makes those water proof Goldwing connectors and you could find them at Corsa Tech.
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Sealed/MetriPack280/metripack280.html

These are a good emergency repair, in-line, water proof type connectors.  You can't get these in your fender conduit though.  Better than a standard inline bullet type connector for wire that has been cut by accident.
http://www.posi-lock.com/positite.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:57:56 PM by bluestreak »
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

JC507JC

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »

I'm thinking bout going to EPO tomorrow. I see they close at 6pm so I'm gonna try to go around 4. Don't know what your schedule is like during the week but if you got any time Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday I'd appreciate the help picking stuff out there. 832-798-7978.

And I'm definitely slapping the chrome wheels on. The black powder coat would be in the future but that's just if I get tired of the chrome.

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »

This is similar to the harness wrap I was talking about.

http://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=292&category_id=63
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1