Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BIG THANK YOU  (Read 3212 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
BIG THANK YOU
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »

I just wanted to thank everyone that was part of the BBT this year! Without you all there would not
be one. I have enjoyed everyone I have gone to!!
 A BIG thanks to Tom for cooking the brisket which was delicious!! I had seconds!! ;D
Also to Randy for taking the time to get all the things together to make this happen!!
I appreciate it a whole lot. Without the TexasXriders board I wouldn't have made good friends that makes
the BBT what it is!!
 It doesn't take much to make something into a fun event!!
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THAT CAME TO MAKE THIS IX BBT!!

B safe!
VTXCHAD

P.S.  Oh and I rode 1274 miles since Thursday and my Cranberries doesn't hurt!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: BIG THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »

:agree: Many many thanks to those that showed up, cooked, laid the plans and organized this event again, I know it's a thankless job, but  :congrats: on a job well done!
  :notworthy:   Best story award goes to Gumbo this year (again). Thursday afternoon was kinda still and warm and he wanted to find a plug to run a fan for the night. I guess he finally found one cause his tent blew away during the night and he wound up in the bathrooms  :cuss: till early Friday morning sometime.   :redcard:   :stickpoke:

For those that didn't make it, well we talked about you too!  :ohwow: :ohwow:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »

they missed the fireworks saturday night!

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

RedDragon

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 07:27:34 PM »

they missed the fireworks saturday night!

And apparently I missed the ones Thursday night that took out Gumbo! ???

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »

yep, you missed quite a bit thursday AND friday.  :stickpoke:
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

RedDragon

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »

Anyway, had a great time for the half of it I remember. Thanks to everyone that showed up, and thanks to everyone that worked their Cranberries off, and thanks to the fireworks show last night. Made for some pretty cheap entertainment. Had a blast again as usual, and hope everyone made it home safe. And hopefully Hobo and his wife make it home safely tomorrow. And no more tequila or little blue beers in a bottle!  :banghead:

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »

yep, you missed quite a bit thursday AND friday.  :stickpoke:
  :P

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »

I really appreciate what Randy and the board did to pull this off.  I know attendance was down, but I think everyone hat showed up had a great time.  I know we did.  We had some good rides, caught up with old friends, made some new ones and finished up with a great dinner cooked by Tom and his crew.  I hope we still have enough people around next year to make it 10.  Thanks again for all the work everyone did to put it together!

Justin VTX

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »

Ruthy & I had a really great time.  A big thanks to all that showed up.  Like Justin said, the attendance was down, but nonetheless a great a BBT and there will be plenty for Next years 10 year anniversary.  See you sooner and see you then.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »

We made it back safe, unloaded and crashed for a long nap!!   Thanks to Randy for getting everything set-up & the crawfish boil, to Tom for cooking the briskets on that cool cooker and getting the 50/50 going, to David to cooking for sausage in a pinch and to the all the 'Girls' for getting the kitchen together & the J-shots.  Thanks to Chad for leading a group of misfits down through the 'Three Sisters' & running the bike show, thanks to Kenny Rowe...hasn't earned the x for his name yet but it will happen, and thanks to Jeremy for doing grunt work behind the scenes and finishing off the 50/50.  Thanks to Hooter for donating the 'BBT IX' clock & Tom's donations as well for the door prizes. Thanks to Trent and Stever for pitching-in their efforts to help load and unload stuff.  Thanks to Mason for the jammin' tunes from the Ruckus Box!!!

It was great to see everyone, hope everyone made it home safe thru the storms this morning.  Hoping Hobo got the bike back home safe & sound from Kerrville.  Thanks to everyone that came to this years BBT IX.  Hope to see you all again and more at next years 'BBT X". 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »

All that came, I wouldn't want to have missed you at all. Those that didn't....I sure missed ya' and will be lookin' for you to show up at some M&G soon. Randy and crew, thanks for bringing it and all of us together for an excellent BBT. Tom, that was the tenderest brisket I have ever had. Thanks from the bottom of my stomach! Those taters were some more excellent also, along with the peach cobbler! The beans, well, I don't eat them and can't comment one way or the other. I saw lots of old friends and some new ones...I think I even saw one of Kennys friends too, lurking in the shadows. I even now have my very own BBT clock to tell time with!

SSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 09:04:07 AM »

Here are a few photos

These are at the Pioneer Pavilion on saturday

Just a few from the 3 sisters ride on Friday

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

Just wanted to add in my thanks to everyone who put in the time and effort towards BBT IX.  I really enjoyed seeing everyone, meeting up with some new folks and spending time with all the others whose company I don't get to share more than once or twice a year.  Hope everyone made it home safe and dry.  Looking forward to next year.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »

That's my favorite "sister" of the three!  Good pic!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal