Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pre-BBT Tech Session  (Read 4078 times)

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
Re: Pre-BBT Tech Session
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »

Still planning on it.  I was hoping to change my brake and clutch fluid.  I can bring a mighty vac.  Anyone else needing to do the same work?

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »

Address is
6710 Twin Leaf Dr
Spring, Tx 77379
713-299-6517

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

big daddy bear

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »

what time on the 28th ? might want to flush brakes & install speed bleeders

Graybeard

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »

I'm planning on being there, key word there is planing. I've tried several times in the past, but something always comes up (I ride w/ BACA, and there's a lot of unplanned things we do).

I need some advice about my 1800 trike, and it would be nice to meet some of the people who actually know of what they speak. The last time I met any of you was at Cyberhicks get together a while ago.

I'd like to do the clutch and brake fluid change. How much brake fluid do I need to do both of them? I've got some, but I'm going to get some new stuff because it was opened a couple of years ago (has been in the bottle w/ the cap on, but I'd rather just get some new stuff).

Hope someone there is going to do a radiator flush. I'd really like to watch one being done. I'm holding off on doing it because if I need to have the motor opened up, I don't want to have to do it over again. Even though the procedure has been covered in the VTXOA site, It's nice to actally see one being done.

I've got all kinds of tools, and the fluid, rags, etc.

So what do I need to bring?  Beer, soda, water, chips? (don't forget, I'm the noob, so take advantage of it)  :bikerider:

Hope to see you there,

Greybeard
Greybeard
2007 Honda VTX 1300R
2003 Harley Road King

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »

what time on the 28th ? might want to flush brakes & install speed bleeders

Early is good for me I have a thing to do in the evening, anytime 7 - whenever you can arrive.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »

I'm planning on being there, key word there is planing. I've tried several times in the past, but something always comes up (I ride w/ BACA, and there's a lot of unplanned things we do).

I need some advice about my 1800 trike, and it would be nice to meet some of the people who actually know of what they speak. The last time I met any of you was at Cyberhicks get together a while ago.

I'd like to do the clutch and brake fluid change. How much brake fluid do I need to do both of them? I've got some, but I'm going to get some new stuff because it was opened a couple of years ago (has been in the bottle w/ the cap on, but I'd rather just get some new stuff).

Hope someone there is going to do a radiator flush. I'd really like to watch one being done. I'm holding off on doing it because if I need to have the motor opened up, I don't want to have to do it over again. Even though the procedure has been covered in the VTXOA site, It's nice to actally see one being done.

I've got all kinds of tools, and the fluid, rags, etc.

So what do I need to bring?  Beer, soda, water, chips? (don't forget, I'm the noob, so take advantage of it)  :bikerider:

Hope to see you there,

Greybeard

I have what I need to do most everything, but it never hurts to have more tools than not enough. Don't know of anyone doing the flush but I've done it and can walk you through it -- if I can do it so can you.

Looks like there will be plenty of break fluid changing -- Quart will be more than enough, might even get away with a pint, but be on the safe side.
Later Gator  :thumbup:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 08:05:21 AM »

Looks like this will have to take place another time, just got out of a meeting and I'll be heading to North Daktoa Friday morning to a oil well

Sorry about that.  :-[

Graybeard

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »

Hey, I like that.

For a change it's someone else who can't make it and not me.  :banghead:

That works out all right though, the Houston chapter of BACA is having thier fundraiser in baytown and they sort of expect other chapters to show up to support them.

If anyone wants to stop by, it's at Softails bar, 1800 W Main St. in Baytown.

I'm the chubby guy, beard (hence the name "Greybeard") and glasses. I'll have my name on my vest.  :looney:

I'll watch the board for the next tech session. Someday, everything will come together and I'll actually get to meet you guys.
Greybeard
2007 Honda VTX 1300R
2003 Harley Road King

big daddy bear

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »

I HATE TO HEAR THAT TECH SESSION WAS CANCELLED--ALREADY HAD THE CORONA ICED DOWN--O WELL IT LOOKS LIKE A DRUNK WEEKEND !
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal