Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Getting even with cagers  (Read 6403 times)

Dusty

Getting even with cagers
« on: September 02, 2006, 04:35:52 AM »

I know we all deal with cagers cutting us off, pulling over on us or riding our tails. I got my fill of it yesterday. I rode about 100 miles yesterday just running errands and generally just screwing around.
I am convinced that there are people in cages that intentionally mess with us.
Going to work there was a guy that rode my Cranberries even though we were in bumper to bumper traffic and he could have gotten in the faster lane. He backed off when I mouthed, while looking in my mirror, "Get off my Cranberries MF"  He had to have been watching me because he immediately dropped back a car link. Maybe I just woke him up.  ::)
Later on I-10, I was in the inside lane when a girl just starts easing over into my lane. Yes, I was in her blind spot when she started over because I was going faster and would have passed her in two more seconds. I laid on the horn to no avail, she just kept coming. My front tire was even with her drivers door. I know she heard my horn. I wasn't to worried because I had the wide shoulder before the median barrier. She never looked at me, steered away or anything. Just acted like I wasn't there. I dropped back where she could see me in her mirror, still nothing. She obviously doesn't use her mirrors except for make-up. So, I pulled up beside her on her passenger side. She never would look at me.

This isn't the first time for this to happen. A similar incident in Dallas is what convinced me to get the bigshots. I'm sure it has happened to ya'll too.
I can understand the situation and what contributes to making it happen but when they ignore it and act like it doesn't matter. I'm pissed and stay pissed. So, as it ate on me the rest of the day for not doing something I was thinking of "what could I do".

You're thinking.....Just let it go bro. It ain't worth it.  :-\

Well, I can't.  >:( So, I have decided to get me one of those little hammers designed for breaking the window in order to get out of cars. My theory is to lay their window in their front seat with them in tiny pieces. Maybe they will rethink their "it doesn't matter policy" and at least maybe even look for a bike next time.

Flame suit on,

Dusty

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
Re: Getting even with cagers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 05:12:12 AM »

no blame for wanting to retalliate.  but i think id put a boot in their door before i started crashing their windows in on em.  you hit that drivers window, odds are pretty good that they could just jerk the wheel and bowl you over......

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 05:33:23 AM »

no blame for wanting to retalliate.  but i think id put a boot in their door before i started crashing their windows in on em.  you hit that drivers window, odds are pretty good that they could just jerk the wheel and bowl you over......

Why would I risk hurting my foot and knocking myself off balance?

Their natural reaction will be to move away from which ever window is broken, thus pulling the wheel with them and away from me. In theory anyway.  ::)

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 05:41:55 AM »

Why would I risk hurting my foot and knocking myself off balance?

Their natural reaction will be to move away from which ever window is broken, thus pulling the wheel with them and away from me. In theory anyway.  ::)

lol, which is why i wear steel-toes :P

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 06:02:37 AM »

Bill.....They are, what they are. They won't look at you, cause they don't want to admit that they're wrong. I know you get pissed off at them, I know I do, but d :)on't risk your life to prove a point. You're too much fun to be around. O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

quietguy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 06:17:40 AM »

There's a million of us riders that would like to have some offensive method of getting a car driver's attention and, at the same time, a way to underscore their stupidity.

My first concern is for my safety and that of those in the area.  Cage wins, rider loses... laws of physics as it pertains to mass.  Second, I don't wanna meet Bubba when I end up in slam for doing something both illegal and equally dangerous.

For me anyway.. I simply get the heck outta the way in whatever fashion suits.

I understand your anger and many times share it.

Ride safe.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:19:37 AM by quietguy »

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 06:43:30 AM »

Bill, have you gotten a louder horn?  I ordered one on E-bay that sounds like a car for only $15.00.  If you want the info, let me know.
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 08:00:47 AM »

There's a million of us riders that would like to have some offensive method of getting a car driver's attention and, at the same time, a way to underscore their stupidity.

My first concern is for my safety and that of those in the area.  Cage wins, rider loses... laws of physics as it pertains to mass.  Second, I don't wanna meet Bubba when I end up in slam for doing something both illegal and equally dangerous.

Ride safe.

AppleSauce on that, I want to kill somebody. I want to hurt and disfigure! I want to kill! I want to scare women and children! I want to kill! I want to eat dead burnt bodies...........

I WANT TO KILL!!!!!!!!

quietguy

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 08:29:47 AM »

Call... 1-800-paddedroom

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 08:36:17 AM »

I can understand the situation and what contributes to making it happen but when they ignore it and act like it doesn't matter. I'm pissed and stay pissed. So, as it ate on me the rest of the day for not doing something I was thinking of "what could I do".

You're thinking.....Just let it go bro. It ain't worth it.  :-\

Well, I can't.  >:( So, I have decided to get me one of those little hammers designed for breaking the window in order to get out of cars. My theory is to lay their window in their front seat with them in tiny pieces. Maybe they will rethink their "it doesn't matter policy" and at least maybe even look for a bike next time.

Flame suit on,

Dusty

Dude....whatever you do....Don't write it down and leave a trail on a public forum. :o You are risking that this may become part of some future deposition.

As for as the cagers...there's too many freaks in the world. If you declare war on all of them,  they will win. :'(
A big part of riding a bike is outmanuevering the freaks and idiots in order to survive and ...enjoy riding a motorcycle.

Everyone on this forum engages in something that is dangerous and uncompensated. For all of our various reasons we do it anyway. The freaks and Phuque ups are part of it.

Not meaining to be preachy. That's just the way I've come to view the bike.  8)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:45:56 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 08:37:52 AM »

Dusty, for shame,for shame.... try keeping a bag of pea gravel up on your bars, get in front, grab a hand full and toss it over your shoulder- ball bearings work nicely too as do used spark plugs.  Mayhem can follow, but you'll be safely gone.  Some friendlies may get dinged, but that will remind them just how good we are, right????   LOL

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 08:46:14 AM »

Ride safe.

AppleSauce on that, I want to kill somebody. I want to hurt and disfigure! I want to kill! I want to scare women and children! I want to kill! I want to eat dead burnt bodies...........

I WANT TO KILL!!!!!!!!

BBQ people at dusty's house. What time should we be there?

Pacrat, I like that idea, but isn't the reason we bought VTX's is so that we have the power to get out of the way and stay out of the way?

*Closet Darksider*

Dusty

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 08:52:41 AM »

Call... 1-800-paddedroom

Noone answers...do they have the hammers?

Dusty

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »

Ride safe.

I WANT TO KILL!!!!!!!!

BBQ people at dusty's house. What time should we be there?

Pacrat, I like that idea, but isn't the reason we bought VTX's is so that we have the power to get out of the way and stay out of the way?

The brisket will be ready in about 3 hours. I haven't been riding today yet, so I can't offer any of the human delicacies. I will give notice when I have one in the freezer.  O0

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 09:07:22 AM »

Twisted--yeah, you're right, I should have said "GET IN FRONT RABIDLY er RAPIDLY, grab a handful,toss and vacate area at rapid speed!!!! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal