Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Not Starting in Round Rock  (Read 12045 times)

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Not Starting in Round Rock
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »

:rofl: just trying to help you, sometimes ain't good to let hours head thinking to much, Sometimes Easiest Solution Is The Best Solution  :thumbup:
hope the battery fix the problem  :thumbup:
just take it slow

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »

No problem, all the feedback was a little overwhelming since I don't have enough time to trouble shoot it and perform all the tests. 6 pages left me a little embarressed to cause such a ruckess.

I wish there would be a fraction of that interest when I was trying to get a ride going in the past. I realize the people with time in the Austin area is pretty limited compared to all of Texas. It's all good.
Ken
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »

don't be over overwhelmed with our love, we still have a bunch to give  :rofl:

Austin??? were is that???????  :rofl:
just take it slow

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »

to get a ride going in austin, post in the houston section about a ride to austin for breakfast....   :stickpoke:

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »

to get a ride going in austin, post in the houston section about a ride to austin for breakfast....   :stickpoke: :lunch:

Ok I got it! Pretty much what Gary said, Houston, Dallas, and SA, but Austin, not so much. Ya'll could meet at trailer for. Excellent coffee and espresso drinks before riding. I'm here Saturday from 7 am. Or Nathan's 1/4 lb dogs and chili dogs for lunch. I'm just saying....ok a plug....sorry. :lunch:
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

hey should be a decent day for a ride tomorrow if the houston gang bites im in  :thumbup: :bikerider:

you would need more than 1/4 pound dog to make me happy im know to get hungry on long rides  :rofl:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:17:21 PM by alejandro1800vtx »
just take it slow

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2012, 06:24:29 PM »

Me and Larry357 heading to Lockhart for dinosaur ribs will post a meet up place for anyone interested when I hear back from Larry357  :lunch: :lunch: :bikerider:
All I know at this point is we are meeting up one the north end and heading west, he's routing it out tonight :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2012, 06:26:32 PM »

Me and Larry357 heading to Lockhart for dinosaur ribs will post a meet up place for anyone interested when I hear back from Larry357  :lunch: :lunch: :bikerider:
All I know at this point is we are meeting up one the north end and heading west, he's routing it out tonight :thumbup:

hey gumbo0 keeop me posted  call me and let me know were to meet you im in  :bikerider:

some were along I10 in Katy would be the perfect spot to get with you guys, thats a pretty good 1.5 hour ride from here
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:49:08 PM by alejandro1800vtx »
just take it slow

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »

Update: I installed the new battery on loan from David. Same slow labored cranking. I try to post the video over the weekend. No difference. So enough about my battery. I think I sounded defensive about the battery, although I wish it was. Because my starting issues would be figured out if it was.
Ken
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »

Update: I installed the new battery on loan from David. Same slow labored cranking. I try to post the video over the weekend. No difference. So enough about my battery. I think I sounded defensive about the battery, although I wish it was. Because my starting issues would be figured out if it was.
Ken

It's great that you had the chance to try a different battery because that confirms IT'S not the problem.
Now.............. do the solenoid jump test I suggested to determine if the starter button or solenoid is your problem.  
When performing ANY test..............do it multiple times to confirm the test results and to get dependable repeatable results.  Sometimes you can test something only once and the results may be different than if tested multiple times.  With that in mind, I hope you tried starting your bike multiple times and rode it a while with the other battery to confirm the results.
 ::)   ::)   ::)

I have a question.
When this slow labored cranking issue occurs..........
Does it happen EVERYTIME you push the starter button?
OR
Does this occur only SOMETIMES when you push the starter button?

Stated another way for clarification.........
Does it EVER change how it cranks (sounds) when you push the starter button from one starting attempt to another?

Something else to consider.........
Jim made a point/comment in a previous post about HOW the starter button is pressed when starting the VTX.  For what it's worth...............I would make a point to duplicate your starting procedure EXACTLY the same way every time you try to start the bike.  This may eliminate a variable that could be confusing the trouble shooting process.  WHATEVER you are doing and HOW you are doing it when you attempt to start the bike............should be done the same way every time. An example of this is the starter button.  When you push it in............make sure you are pushing it in firmly AND fully to the stop and not letting it come off the stop during cranking.  Try not to let the button move under your finger so as to avoid any change of the switch contact points durring the cranking attempt.  When testing and troubleshooting it's important to repeat test PROCEDURES as accurately as you can to avoid misleading results and driving yourself crazy because your chasing something that happened because of a procedural change from one test to another.
Be CONSISTANT.  

Keep trying................You'll find the problem.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:42:42 AM by bluestreak »
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »

Ok it doesn't always crank the same slow labored way. As I mentioned when I put the meter on it trying to test it after it had not been starting and drained the battery with my wife's  help it started right up, so quick it hadn't started like in a long time. That day, I rode it around Austin doing some errands and it was mostly good starting. Then later on, it starting kicking over a little slower again. That kept my confidence in check so I wouldn't do a little longer ride, a so I went back home instead of pushing my luck.
Ken
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

johnnycheese

• Old Timer
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »

::)
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »

Spray some WD40 into the switch and also the electrical plug under the gas tank.  Check your main ground.  Check both ends of your battery cable to make sure they are tight and making good contact.  What could it hurt?  You have tried just about everything else.

Oh, have you done this: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?101182-Stator-or-Rectifier
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

bluestreak

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »

Ok it doesn't always crank the same slow labored way. As I mentioned when I put the meter on it trying to test it after it had not been starting and drained the battery with my wife's  help it started right up, so quick it hadn't started like in a long time. That day, I rode it around Austin doing some errands and it was mostly good starting. Then later on, it starting kicking over a little slower again. That kept my confidence in check so I wouldn't do a little longer ride, a so I went back home instead of pushing my luck.
Ken

No offense intended but..............I've spent all the time I care to trying to help you.  You can talk about your symptoms all you want but it's not going to fix anything without YOU testing components.  You asked for help and you've been given all the suggestions you need to check and verify components to determine what your starting problem is.  This thread is up to seven pages now with very little testing data to go on.  The real problem is YOUR not following through.  All the advise and suggestions in the world will not help you............ if YOU don't follow through and perform the tests that you need to do to find the problem.  We can't do the tests for you.  If you don't have the time, tools or know how to do the tests...............take it to someone who does.
AMA Life Member #xxx445
Cureent Rides:
73 Yamaha RD 350
85 Yamaha RZ 350
79 Yamaha Daytona 400
82 Honda V45 Sabre 750
08 Honda Goldwing Airbag
03 ApriliaTuono Racing 998
82 Yamaha YZ 250
02 Honda VTX 1800C
06 Yamaha YZF-R1
06 Yamaha YZF-R1 LE
02 Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Bike

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »

No offense intended either, but I have repeated this before as I have other things. No I don't have a lot of time at this point in my life. So when I do tests it is one or two. As I stated before I will getting together with David from the board in Manor as soon as time permits, which will be next Sunday. I post the results of paticular tests as I do them, such as it's not the battery because everyone was insisting it was the battery. It seemed everyone thought I was an Cranberries for not taking that advice on page one. Well a new battery didn't fix the problem. I said that I wasn't happy about that exactly except to prove my own beliefs in the first place. I don't have a compression tester, so getting together with David will help me with whatever tools or knowledge I lack. So if you cannot deal with my lack of knowledge or time, i'm sorry. What I thought we were doing in this thread was giving me ideas to check out and report back. Again I am sorry if I have not been able to live up to anyones expectations. It is what it is.

Quote from: SilverStreak link=topic=15797.msg164343#msg164p343 date=1328981818
Ken

No offense intended but..............I've spent all the time I care to trying to help you.  You can talk about your symptoms all you want but it's not going to fix anything without YOU testing components.  You asked for help and you've been given all the suggestions you need to check and verify components to determine what your starting problem is.  This thread is up to seven pages now with very little testing data to go on.  The real problem is YOUR not following through.  All the advise and suggestions in the world will not help you............ if YOU don't follow through and perform the tests that you need to do to find the problem.  We can't do the tests for you.  If you don't have the time, tools or know how to do the tests...............take it to someone who does.
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal