Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stebel air horns  (Read 1241 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Stebel air horns
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »

Been riding every day to work and back around 88 mile round trip, working in the HIllcroft area and back home to Spring.
Having at least 2 near misses each week, dang cars are so well insulated today, it appears they never hear me, and my stock horn makes no difference to them at all.
So I have been looking at getting me a air horn, but have read reviews that say the Stebel air horn does not hold up to vibration --- just wondering from those how may have one of these how your experience has been  ???  Need to order me something really quick, cause I am getting the willies out there lately.
 :ohwow: :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
Re: Stebel air horns
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »

I've never found a horn to be that much good even in a car with a good horn.  People these days drive in another world. Rather than pay attention to their driving, they are busy doing everything except that.  The only way I've found to survive is to ride as if they are all out to kill me. Horn or not, they just aren't paying attention. You have to do it for them. :cuss:
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

Marigold and I have had Stebel horns for years; no issues yet. Many folks install them on their sides, which can cause problems.
02 1800C

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »

Gumbo, I hear ya on this one.  Wayne and I both had daily commutes of 97 miles roundtrip.  I was in rush hour traffic both ways and had daily encounters with idiots.  Many times I would honk, they would hear me, and they would look at me and give me a scowl like it was my fault they were running me over.  So my point is that even when they hear you they still don't give you the courtesy and respect another vehicle on the road deserves.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 12:38:23 AM »

Gumbo get the Stebel Horn. You will feel alittle better knowing you have it. But still watch the 3000+ lb idiots beside you.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

flipflop

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 05:18:31 AM »

:agree:Yes sir scary. But I have found out that one big well placed steel toe boot  to the door will damn sure get there attention and put them back in there lane and put that damn cell phone down..... Sure saved my life ..... and maybe his..
Always Ride, You can not get back the Ride you missed!!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »

Ganna get me one, for sure in fact got it ordered this morning. :thumbup:

I sure would like to see a cell phone law passed, myself flipflop. If you could just wound them with a small calibler round, it wouldn't take long before no one would be on the phone while driving.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »

Ganna get me one, for sure in fact got it ordered this morning. :thumbup:

I sure would like to see a cell phone law passed, myself flipflop. If you could just wound them with a small calibler round, it wouldn't take long before no one would be on the phone while driving.  :thumbup:

I so agree....................

You can text and talk on the cell phone but you better not give anyone the 1 finger salute.............:(
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal