Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great day for a ride  (Read 1611 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Great day for a ride
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »

What a great day for a ride, fixin to head out, to get lost as possible ::) No place in mind, just go, if I find some good roads I am sure I won't remember where they were  :bikerider: :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
Re: Great day for a ride
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »

Took mine out yesterday checking out my new batwing fairing.  But you're right, it's good today too so I'm thinking about going out again.
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »

Same here.  taking the bobber to go get a burger.  :bikerider:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

figowitz

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »

Absolutely beautiful today (Friday)!  Left for the Post Office and came back 160 miles later via Old Town Spring, the Woodlands, Magnolia, Montgomery, Sam Houston National Forest, Richards, Anderson, Dacus, back to Montgomery, Tomball, and home.  Doncha just love taking a 'long'cut home!!!  :)

BTW ... Happy New Year to all you fine TexasXRiders!  Hope 2012 is just a bang-up year for you all!    :bikerider:

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »

I looked at my bike today as i got in my truck, to go to physical therapy      :cuss: :cuss:
2004 VTX 1800N

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »

Absolutely beautiful today (Friday)!  Left for the Post Office and came back 160 miles later via Old Town Spring, the Woodlands, Magnolia, Montgomery, Sam Houston National Forest, Richards, Anderson, Dacus, back to Montgomery, Tomball, and home.  Doncha just love taking a 'long'cut home!!!  :)

BTW ... Happy New Year to all you fine TexasXRiders!  Hope 2012 is just a bang-up year for you all!    :bikerider:

How much you want to bet I passed you by one way or the other almost same route for me today, 2920, 2978, 1488, 149 to Magnolia, 1375 deads end to Boswell RD take a right go till it dead ends ---- pretty sure there either making moonshine or crack, had 3 trucks approach me before I could get the heck outta there. Everyone of em let me know if you don't live here you should not be here :ohwow: Tried to tell them I worked for the county and was checking the road -- did not buy it at all  :redcard: :redcard:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »

Rode Thursday and Friday.......to all of my appointments.   ;D  Couldn't pass up the good weather, and ten days away with no riding time is ten days too long.  I actually ran across a fellow VTXer (and client) while in The Woodlands yesterday, and while we were stopped at a light, he told me he was heading out to the Dobbin area and that he couldn't stand it any longer either.  Hipshot knows him, as he's a Mo.Co. detective with the sheriff's dept.  Brent also owns a GW, but he decided to ride the 1300 yesterday.   :thumbup:

Gumbo, not sure where you got lost, but 1375 goes all the way out to 45.  You took another wrong turn somewhere.   :stickpoke:  But another good reason to be packin' some heat!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:24:07 AM »

Rode Thursday and Friday.......to all of my appointments.   ;D  Couldn't pass up the good weather, and ten days away with no riding time is ten days too long.  I actually ran across a fellow VTXer (and client) while in The Woodlands yesterday, and while we were stopped at a light, he told me he was heading out to the Dobbin area and that he couldn't stand it any longer either.  Hipshot knows him, as he's a Mo.Co. detective with the sheriff's dept.  Brent also owns a GW, but he decided to ride the 1300 yesterday.   :thumbup:

Gumbo, not sure where you got lost, but 1375 goes all the way out to 45.  You took another wrong turn somewhere.   :stickpoke:  But another good reason to be packin' some heat!

Oh no it goes past I45 and dead ends into Boswell RD ya just got to know how to get there. Not that I could find it again, but it's on the map.  Boswell RD AKA (Scary Rd)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »

I alwasy have my heater with me, just don't show it or talk about it.  :angel:

hogcowboy

• Tejano
  • 2116 Indian Roadmaster (now triked)
    • Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »

Well I just couldn't pass up another good day for a ride.  Looks like several others had the same idea.  I didn't see one single other rider yesterday but I saw several today. With it fixin to get cold again tonight I just had to get another ride in.  I don't know how the boys up north deal with scooter withdraw in the winter.  If I was them I'd be packin up and movin south. Oh and the new batwing made a world of difference from just a windshield.  Don't know why for sure but the bike feels more stable. And I usually travel at about 70 on the speedo but with this thing I was doing 80+ and I still had less wind buffeting than with the windshield.  So I like it! ;D ;D ;D Now comes the hard part, saving up enough for a paint job. :violin:
Do everything as if your life depends on it. IT COULD! Patriot Guard/American Legion Rider

dougvtx

• Tejano
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »

I lived up in Wisconsin up until last December when I retired and moved back to Texas.  Bike withdrawal is hell for almost 6 months.
When I can't hold up 2 wheels anymore, I'll get a three wheeler.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal