Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A great merchant  (Read 500 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
A great merchant
« on: December 26, 2011, 09:55:06 AM »

Camping World is mainly RV related, but they also have some boat and MC stuff.  Since I know that there several RV owners on this site also, I wanted to encourage you all to keep www.campingworld.com as one of your sources for supplies.

We recently ordered tire covers for our RV and we ignorantly ordered the wrong size.  The order came in a very timely manner and I went to put the covers on this morning.  Too small.  To exchange them would be nice but figured I couldn't since the inside white cover became black from dirt and grime that was on the tire.  I called the customer service number and gave my sad story and told the guy I needed to order the correct size.  Instead of having to pay for a new set they offered to let me keep the original pair and they would ship me out a new pair (free shipping even).  Needless to say I will use Camping World for everything I can in the future.  Customer Service sells in my book.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: A great merchant
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »

Word of mouth has always been important in business but I wonder how many merchants realize how powerful the "word of the internet" really is these days.
It's all just part of the adventure!

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »

I've been in business for 14 years,The only add i run is in the Yellow Pages. Word of mouth and customer service sell our work and product. Camping World is #1 in my book also.
2007 1800N Charcoal

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:35:30 PM »

Connie.......Thanks for the info.

We have had great Customer Service with Camperland in Woodlands/Conroe..........
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 11:07:23 PM »

Good to know.  Of course while surfing the camping world website and filling my cart with all kinds of goodies I usually end up abandoning the cart b/c it was exceeded my spending limit.  :-[

Will def give them a shot next time.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal