Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I won't be doing that again  (Read 1830 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
I won't be doing that again
« on: December 15, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »

Everything I have read about removing tires to have new tires mounted would indicate nothing to it  :redcard: :redcard:
I aint that cheap to ever do that crap again  :cuss: :cuss: I be riding down and having it done from now on, some threads say -- I did front wheel in 10 minutes and rear about the same, yeah I did too, but getting that rear on by yourself is no fun :banghead: Got er done, but it's the last time for me  ::) ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: I won't be doing that again
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »

There's still knuckle skin on mine...  First time is the last time...

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »

You should have called me, Larry. I would have told you to "Get on it and Ride it in!" Yeah, I've dropped my rear tire to change the bearings in the final drive. Hey, any monkey can tear AppleSauce up. But Connie and I cussed that tire for two hours getting it back onto the final drive and getting the driveshaft back in and I ran out of cuss words and had to start making up new ones.

The folks at Discount Motorcycle Tire showed me the  bad bearings and I said I'd do them later. NEVER EVER AGAIN. They were going to charge me some astronomical amount to replace the bearings. Well, next time, I won't even ask for a cigarette afterwards.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »

Bah.  Takes me 2 minutes and that includes pouring myself a coke and a trip to the john.
Chunk the llama.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:18:03 AM »

:redcard: :redcard: There ain't nothing to it! And I was right down the road!  :chair: :snapoutofit: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »

Been there done that, and I won't be doing it alone again.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »

Bah.  Takes me 2 minutes and that includes pouring myself a coke and a trip to the john.

Well, Brock and David...it is quite obvious that you two are SPECIAL...at least your mommy says so  :stickpoke:   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »

Alone that's the key word :thumbup:
Front tire nothing to it, the back though was another story. I am accustom to wrestling small donkeys but they have a tail to grab onto, the back tire was just as heavy and nothing to grab onto.  :t
I figured it out after a while, by getting the tire under the bike and lowering the jack a bit, then slipping it into the final drive, but it took awhile to get smart.  ::) ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »

Alone that's the key word :thumbup:
Front tire nothing to it, the back though was another story. I am accustom to wrestling small donkeys but they have a tail to grab onto, the back tire was just as heavy and nothing to grab onto.  :t
I figured it out after a while, by getting the tire under the bike and lowering the jack a bit, then slipping it into the final drive, but it took awhile to get smart.  ::) ::)

you should ride this and quit worring about tires
just take it slow

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »

I sit down directly behind the rear fender, put the wheel up on both of my legs and use my legs to lift the wheel into place.  Then just push it onto the final drive and make sure the splines are lined up.  Seriously...a caveman can do it in under 5 minutes.

Weenie!!   :violin:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »

I sit down directly behind the rear fender, put the wheel up on both of my legs and use my legs to lift the wheel into place.  Then just push it onto the final drive and make sure the splines are lined up.  Seriously...a caveman can do it in under 5 minutes.

Weenie!!   :violin:

Good next time I give you a call :stickpoke: :stickpoke: and watch ya  ;D

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »

I use my jack to lift the tire in place.  Nothing to it.  :thumbup:   :c
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:03:46 PM »

I really don't see the benefit of doing it this way, paid 299 for the tires and cost 55 to have tires mounted  ::) just not worth it to me. I told them I had beads and they still put chrome balance on the rim  :cuss: installed a new 45 degree valve stem [[[so it went from 15 dollars a tire to 27.50 not a good deal.  :banghead:
For me it will always be a drive up from now on, I guess it's what ever makes your pee-pee twitch, and it made mine twitch, but in the wrong way  ;D

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »

don't for get, you saved $25 in just sales tax.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Pug

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 11:39:26 AM »

Everything I have read about removing tires to have new tires mounted would indicate nothing to it  :redcard: :redcard:
I aint that cheap to ever do that crap again  :cuss: :cuss:

Yahoo...  :couch:

I'll keep pulling mine simply due to the fact that (1) it's my ride and I trust no one to take care of it as well as I do/will and (2) it's my b**t on that ride and I'll trust no one with parts or repairs that put it at risk. It's not so much about saving $30-$50 bucks as it is about knowing that the job was done right and that nothing on the bike was damaged by some greenhorn garage ape.

:bikerider:
2006 1800R Spec2 Lightly Farkled -- RIP: ST1300 ABS / BMW R1100RT / 2008 GL1800 / 2006 VTX 1300S / 1997 Aspencade 1500
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal