Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tires  (Read 3160 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Tires
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »

Out to get me some new tires, thinking about trying the Venom /Roadrider combo, question is for those who use this combination is the Roadrider AM26 considered a rear tire  ??? I can only find it 140/80/17 in the rear tire section.

Just checked my records and my last set of tires were Metz 880's and had them put on in 2009 and got an amazing 20,518 miles out of them.  :ohwow: :ohwow: They are as blad as I am though.  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »

I still ride the metz 880, I tried the Venoms, and for some reason i like the Metz better. I'm not sure about the Roadriders. But with 20,000 on the Metz and no troubles!!! ... I might think about another set.   :c
2007 1800N Charcoal

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »

I still ride the metz 880, I tried the Venoms, and for some reason i like the Metz better. I'm not sure about the Roadriders. But with 20,000 on the Metz and no troubles!!! ... I might think about another set.   :c

I am thinking the same thing, heck 20K + a little more, don't think I can do better  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

I didn't get close to that, amazing. Stick to 'em at that rate.
It's all just part of the adventure!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:20:14 PM »

So the real lesson learned here is that Gumbo's stories are embellished, and we should always make him check his "records".   :stickpoke:

Yeah, the Roadrider at the bottom of the link I sent you is a universal tire, which can be mounted on a 2.75-3.75" rim.  I'm pretty sure your front rim falls within those specs.

But, since you're getting those kinds of miles, just stick with what works for you.  That's why I won't switch from Avon...they work very well for me and look bad@$$ just sitting still.   ;D

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 05:39:06 PM »

Gummy - You proved that tires last a LOOONNNNGGG time if the bike is never ridden fast enough to get out of THIRD GEAR!!!  :t :bikerider:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »

So the real lesson learned here is that Gumbo's stories are embellished, and we should always make him check his "records".   :stickpoke:

Yeah, the Roadrider at the bottom of the link I sent you is a universal tire, which can be mounted on a 2.75-3.75" rim.  I'm pretty sure your front rim falls within those specs.

But, since you're getting those kinds of miles, just stick with what works for you.  That's why I won't switch from Avon...they work very well for me and look bad@$$ just sitting still.   ;D

I will be the first to admit a lot (most) of my stories are embellished (It's called Cajunization), if not I would be as boring as you :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

As for my records they are right on, I keep a spreed sheet 1/14/2010 Miles 16,686 install new ME 880 miles today 37104 do the math 20,418 -- anyway it's a done deal new ME880 will be here later this week.  :thumbup: :thumbup:
I had no idea I had that many miles, on these tires :ohwow:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »

Gummy - You proved that tires last a LOOONNNNGGG time if the bike is never ridden fast enough to get out of THIRD GEAR!!!  :t :bikerider:

Why would I ever need to get out of third gear, I ride to Hillcroft when I'm in Houston, 249 - 290 - 610 - to 59 can't get out of 3rd gear.  ;)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »

I have no problem believing Gumbo...I consistently get over 20k on each tire...front and back...only reason I changed my back tire this last time (19k) was because it was a slut....it picked up everything it could on the road.  I had over 7 punctures in it, 5 within the diameter of a half dollar, but the tread looked almost new.
I usually run Metzler 880's
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:01 PM »

I have no problem believing Gumbo...I consistently get over 20k on each tire...front and back...only reason I changed my back tire this last time (19k) was because it was a slut....it picked up everything it could on the road.  I had over 7 punctures in it, 5 within the diameter of a half dollar, but the tread looked almost new.
I usually run Metzler 880's

I was just teasing him about his "mileage" comment at yesterday's tech session.  He told me he was only getting 12K miles out of his tires...the "woe is me" sob story!   :stickpoke:  I was telling him about the Avons and that maybe he should try them, because I average around 18K from the rear and 21K from the front.  I'm currently at 16.5K miles on this set with plenty of tread left.  Can't go wrong with Metz or Avons IMO.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 08:35:29 AM »

I will be the first to admit a lot (most) of my stories are embellished (It's called Cajunization),

When I was a working stiff, we used the term "TIMinize". Tim could tell a fact based true story in such a way that you would not believe him until he brought out the pictures to prove it.  I thought the "I've been blown up" story was way over done until he showed us the Medical Examiner's video detailing where the PARTS of the engineer were found.  :ohwow:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 07:04:29 AM »

Gumbo is guilty till proven innocent.  :cantbelieve: :stickpoke:
It's all just part of the adventure!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 07:18:02 AM »

Gumbo is guilty till proven innocent.  :cantbelieve: :stickpoke:
:agree:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »

That's why I won't switch from Avon...they work very well for me and look bad@$$ just sitting still.   ;D

:agree: :agree: :agree: :thumbup:

Avons forever! :c  :thumbup:
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal