Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In need of VTX1800 mechanic in s. Austin-San Marcus area  (Read 509 times)

tumbelweed

• Trailer Queen
In need of VTX1800 mechanic in s. Austin-San Marcus area
« on: April 16, 2011, 09:37:04 AM »

I am looking for a good mechanic in the S Austin-San Marcus area-after 70000miles of doing the work myself, I just do not feel like tearing into the trans, haven't ever used anyone before, so I thought the best place to go for recommendations would be you guys of course.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: In need of VTX1800 mechanic in s. Austin-San Marcus area
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »

I am looking for a good mechanic in the S Austin-San Marcus area-after 70000miles of doing the work myself, I just do not feel like tearing into the trans, haven't ever used anyone before, so I thought the best place to go for recommendations would be you guys of course.  Thanks in advance for any help.
If you are just putting a new clutch in it as easy as everything else you have done!!
Good Luck!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

tumbelweed

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »

I wish it was just the cluch, but it is a bunch of grinding and metal noise, could be just the U joint, but again, the whole transmission has to be pulled just to get to it and the noise is petty constant in all gears, could be any one of the bearings inside, and my plate is too full at this time and I really do not want it to be down for the time it would take for me to get this done properly. I thought it was supposed to slow down when you got to my age, but as of today, I have not seen any sign of that happening.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »

What are you riding these days Chad?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal