Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: F1 light  (Read 1282 times)

jaytheplumber

• Trailer Queen
F1 light
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:24:03 AM »

I have a very intermittent problem . as I power up I lose all power for a split second as my head lunges forward I notice my F1 light on and then my power returns. This started a year ago when it was happening more frequent. It had quit all together one day and I thought that by wiggling the ignition key I had restored my power and was able to restart, so I replaced the ignition switch and it didnt happen again for 3 months and now although it hasnt quit altogether again, it has lost power for the split second between 1st and 2nd gear 3 times since june of 2010. has anyone ever heard of this type of problem?

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: F1 light
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »

Clean your battery ground at the frame and battery. 1800's have a notorious ground problem.  :flag:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:19:03 PM »

Clean your battery ground at the frame and battery. 1800's have a notorious ground problem.  :flag:
I second that!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Dusty

jaytheplumber

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 10:29:11 AM »

O K ground fix done for a while now and all has been well until last wk end when I went for start up and soon as starter button was hit I heard a pop and then had no power. power would return after 10seconds or so and the process would repeat. after calling for a trailer she suddenly starting behaving , started up runs fine and has not happened again. I intend to re do the ground fix as I did not clean both sides of coil bracket which I dont see where that would matter as I did clean the side where ground eyelet grounds to frame, I also intend to do the ground on the bottom side that article stated had not been a problem on the 1800 r will re post my findings when done and press on with this problem until it never happens again, also will send in a check this to help support this site as it is invaluable to all of us

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »

You gotta do all the connections. It does sound like the symtoms of a loose terminal.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal