Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?  (Read 4371 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: What are some of your favorite RV camp grounds?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 09:30:19 AM »

On the water regulator/restrictor are there any type you use or recomend?  I've seen two types, one looks like a simple brass coupler and the other I've seen actually has a guage on it.  I assume the one with the gauge is better which is the one I had in mind to buy, but what do you guys have?
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

I use the the simple brass connector. You'll find most parks don't have the greatest water pressure in the world, and won't use it all the time. I always use it when I first set up, but remove it if the pressure is real weak.
2004 VTX 1800N

matap

• Board
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »

this may seem like a retarded question, but couldn't you just regulate the amount of water coming in by adjusting the valve from the spicket?  I think I'll get a regulator anyways.............

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »

this may seem like a retarded question, but couldn't you just regulate the amount of water coming in by adjusting the valve from the spicket?  I think I'll get a regulator anyways.............
Better safe than sorry!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »

Once you shut off all the valves INSIDE the RV, the water coming from outside slowly builds pressure until it equalizes the inside and outside pressure. And you have the supply pressure INSIDE the RV. If your pipes hold, no problem. Otherwise,  :cantbelieve:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

matap

• Board
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »

ah, makes sense.  I see why just only opening the valve half way doesn't make the difference.   

So.........the two tanks up front on most rv's, about how long do they last?  e.g.  using for water heater, furnace, stove, oven, etc.  Of course I understand depends on much you use it, but give me your last average.

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 06:24:50 PM »

If yuou're hooked up to the water supply, you will not be using water from the tank. My RV has a 80 gallon water tank (I think, I'll have to double check). The only time I've dry camped, was for 5 days in my driveway after Hurricane Ike. That water was used for showers, washing dishes, ans the toilet. I still had plenty after 5 days when we moved to an RV park where we could use their water supply. You gotta remember, and you'll learn, using the water from the tank, you'll take Navy showers. Get wet, shut water off, soap up, lather up your hair, turn water on and rinse. Your water will go a long way.
We don't drink water from the tank, because it can sit for a long time. You do have to disinfect it at times, throw a little bit of bleach in there. We always have bottled water. Plus we have a 5 gallon reusablewater container we always fill. We use that for coffee and such.
You're going to learn a lot on the go.
2004 VTX 1800N

matap

• Board
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 08:52:45 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I guess I left out that i meant the two propane tanks.  How long will those go?

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 11:07:08 AM »

The propane will last for quite a while. The good thing is, you're only using one tank at a time. So when one empties, you're not in a bind to fill it up. I went out for one weekend a month for the first year I had mine. My first tank did not empty for about 6 months. One thing you can do to save a little gas, is to turn your hot water heater off during the night, and most of the day. I'll kick my water heater on in the morning for showers. Takes about 10 minutes to heat up. Once everyone showers, I let it heat, then turn the heater off. During the summer, the water will still be hot when you need it. At night, if the water cools off, the heater will kick on, but you don't need it...you're sleeping.
After you've been camping for a while, and learning all the tricks, you'll find that people in RV's are pretty good at conserving.
2004 VTX 1800N

matap

• Board
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

that's what I was curious about, on those cold nights or long cold days if the heater would last all day and how many days and for the water heater.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »

Got your camper right here
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2011, 07:56:06 AM »

I will have to say that's pretty neat, but I wonder what that wind is like coming in like that under the bed portion.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:14 AM »

I wanna see that taking The Sisters at speed.  :popcorn: :popcorn:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »

I wanna see that taking The Sisters at speed.  :popcorn: :popcorn:

I wanna see any camper take the Sisters at speed  :popcorn: :popcorn: :t :t
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

matap

• Board
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »

Additional question:  I've seen some areas that have RV full hook up, but then says ( electric 50), does that mean that sight only has 50 amp or up to 50 amp, but will have 30 amp and below? And if it is only 50 amp, is there a way to reduce that down to 30amp if my trailer is only 30 amp?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal