Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Happy Holiday huh?  (Read 2661 times)

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
Re: Happy Holiday huh?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 11:43:44 AM »

listening this morning to Joe Pags

for some reason Joe Pags annoys the hell out of me.   Seems like he is always trying to pick a fight just so he can have a talk show.

Dang Bryce, you seem a little disgruntled today!    :ohwow: :rofl: :popcorn:

sure does seem that way :)

here are some Christmas Puppies...

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »

Ban Isorg...he showed images that said "Season's Greetings" and "Happy Holidays" instead of just "Merry Christmas" in those puppy images. :stickpoke:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 02:11:57 PM »

for some reason Joe Pags annoys the hell out of me.   Seems like he is always trying to pick a fight just so he can have a talk show.

I thought for sure you said you were a big fan of Joe's  ;D Next thing you'll be saying is Michael Savage annoys you too.  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »

I thought for sure you said you were a big fan of Joe's  ;D Next thing you'll be saying is Michael Savage annoys you too.  :stickpoke: :stickpoke:

I can listen to them both... in small doses.  That much "anger" gets to me.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »

I can listen to them both... in small doses.  That much "anger" gets to me.

You young fella's  :simmadown: it's not "anger" it's "guidance"  :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:03 PM »

I think Isorg needs some time off to party lol
Alvin,Texas

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »

Your right this really chaps my hide too

Lets see.......  , Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and i think Winter Solstice is in there somewhere too..

so there!  and have a Merry Christmas.

Can't think of the last time someone wish me a happy boxing day or winter solstice although I do get a Happy Honukka from time to time at least they would stand for something instead of a generic Happy Holiday but in my lifetime this has been the Christmas season and it is under assult by the pc police. I might get my boxers in a wad but i'll leave the wadded panties to you.
It's all just part of the adventure!

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »

Happy Holidays!!  :t

Just kidding. Merry Christmas.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 10:05:06 PM »

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,... practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
Displaced Texan.

Dusty

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 06:03:21 AM »

Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,... practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2011, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

Dang Steve....You have only been up North a few weeks and you already sound like a Yankee. Please tell me you copied and pasted that.  :stickpoke: Merry Christmas!  :c

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 06:36:17 AM »

Dang Steve....You have only been up North a few weeks and you already sound like a Yankee. Please tell me you copied and pasted that.  :stickpoke: Merry Christmas!  :c

It's worse than that. I've lost 15 pounds and my penis has shrunken too. I suspect it's the cold temps. What once looked like a Maglite, now looks like a half roll of pennies. Everything WAS bigger in Texas.
Displaced Texan.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 06:51:40 AM »

I so agree........the only reason we are having any type of Holiday is because of Christmas.......

When someone tells me Happy Holiday I come back with NO.......Merry Christmas

Jesus is the reason for the Season.

Merry Christmas

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »

sorry to poke this horse  :deadhorse:,  and if if this is making anyone angry please believe me it is not my intent.

The question i have is,  do people really get that deeply offended if someone says happy holidays Vs merry christmas?  Don't answer this, but just honestly think about it.

Almost every days this week, the radio talking heads have been whipping their listeners into a frenzy over this very subject. (and have been doing so every year for a while now)  and i am finding the entire thing to go against everything i was raised to be as a christian.  Sure the words may be different, but it is the spirit of the message that is still the same, and that's what counts. 

If your religious views are causing you to get this passionate about this, then i guess you should really understand how some middle east religions and how they are getting all passionate about their religious views.
I would hate to see people getting angry at someone for not saying christmas, rise to the level like someone nutjob from islam getting angry over a picture of muhamad.  (please note that i dont think all islam's are nutjobs, it's just that some nutjobs are islam) 

I know I was raised to be above this type of hate.  To accept those different than me, to accept them for who and what they are.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »

I so agree........the only reason we are having any type of Holiday is because of Christmas.......

When someone tells me Happy Holiday I come back with NO.......Merry Christmas

Jesus is the reason for the Season.

Merry Christmas

it's been human nature to party this time of year for a very, very..... very long time....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice#Observances

:c
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:55:01 AM by Isorg »

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 06:30:08 PM »

I never intended for this post to create such stir, I simply say  acknowledge the season for what it is or say nothing. I  think the generic HH greeting is not a true heartfelt greeting but done out of some sort obligation to say something. If your company or you have a personal issue with the traditional well wishes , then treat it like any other day and give me the regular "come again". Any thing else is just pc foolishness. And it sounds dumb. not hatein' just lettin' ya know , it sounds phony and it sounds dumb.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!  (if anyone is offended by this proper , traditional greeting, please refer to hick's post above)   
It's all just part of the adventure!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal