Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I'm sick & tired of poor gas milage.  (Read 6456 times)

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
I'm sick & tired of poor gas milage.
« on: August 23, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »

I filled my truck up the oter day....21+ gallons @ $2.78 + $60. I did the calculation, and I got a whopping 13.09 mpg. >:( I don't drive every day like most on the board, but still, that a bunch of crap. God bless you, I don't think I could do it anymore. If I drove 60 miles per day, round trip, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year. That would be $3,309.80 in gas alone! Anyway....I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
I was in England a few years ago, and saw my 1st SMART car. It's made by Mercedes Benz, and will be coming to America soon. I know it looks goofy, but, it's a car that grows on you, the more you see it. They're pretty quick, due to the power to weight ratio.
http://www.smartusa.com/ Click on "SMART in the news", and watch the USA movie.
After you watch that movie... watch this one, and see what you'll be able to do.
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=parallel+parking&cs=bz&b=0&oid=a0d46934ecd034de&rurl=blog.mikebrowne.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dparallel%2Bparking%26cs%3Dbz
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Swampfox

Re: I'm sick & tired of poor gas milage.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 03:26:54 PM »

I see a Buck Rogers Ha HA that cool one!

quietguy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 04:18:50 PM »

I'm on my second Grand Marquis with the 4.6L small block V8.  I average, in mixed driving, over 22 mpg.  While nothing earth shaking, it's acceptable for me and I get around in comfort - btw, only requires regular - Nissan needs premium.

My next car will either be the Hyundai Sonata V6 (superior price), or the new Camry... if a decent price can be found.

Lennie

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 04:31:50 PM »

try these

Larger, easier to watch:

In England:

quietguy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 04:39:26 PM »

sounds like a 2 stroke.

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 05:02:32 PM »

hell i have a cicvi it gives me 38mpg  ;D O0
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

Boogie

• Master Tejano Rider
  • GULF OF MEXICO
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »

Please refer further post to the
TEXAS CAGE RIDERS.

I can't believe some of you are driving rice burner cage's.
Unheard of.

Native Texan, I ride a steel horse

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

I have a F150 Supercrew 4 door with the 5.4 litre engine and get around 17 MPG. I drive the $hit out of it too. If gas gets to $5.00 a gallon I will still drive a full size truck! It will be American Made also!

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 06:18:35 PM »

I'm on my second Grand Marquis with the 4.6L small block V8.  I average, in mixed driving, over 22 mpg.  While nothing earth shaking, it's acceptable for me and I get around in comfort - btw, only requires regular - Nissan needs premium.

My next car will either be the Hyundai Sonata V6 (superior price), or the new Camry... if a decent price can be found.

Lennie

Some how I figured you for a grand marquis or a linclon.  :D

I am still running on the same tank of gas in my car from may(may 13th to be exact.  That's the day I bought my neo.)   I got about a quarter tank left. The longest drive was to go get it inspected. lol  It won't blow away though, Cob webbs are holding it down.  I'm prepared for Rita II.

*Closet Darksider*

quietguy

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 06:39:07 PM »

Lennie

Some how I figured you for a grand marquis or a linclon.  :D

I am still running on the same tank of gas in my car from may(may 13th to be exact.  That's the day I bought my neo.)   I got about a quarter tank left. The longest drive was to go get it inspected. lol  It won't blow away though, Cob webbs are holding it down.  I'm prepared for Rita II.

Actually, I'm a Ferrari kinda guy... but danged if I can locate that there rich widow lady. :P

hillcountryrider

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 06:42:20 PM »

I filled my truck up the oter day....21+ gallons @ $2.78 + $60. I did the calculation, and I got a whopping 13.09 mpg. >:( I don't drive every day like most on the board, but still, that a bunch of crap. God bless you, I don't think I could do it anymore. If I drove 60 miles per day, round trip, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year. That would be $3,309.80 in gas alone! Anyway....I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
I was in England a few years ago, and saw my 1st SMART car. It's made by Mercedes Benz, and will be coming to America soon. I know it looks goofy, but, it's a car that grows on you, the more you see it. They're pretty quick, due to the power to weight ratio.
http://www.smartusa.com/ Click on "SMART in the news", and watch the USA movie.
After you watch that movie... watch this one, and see what you'll be able to do.
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=parallel+parking&cs=bz&b=0&oid=a0d46934ecd034de&rurl=blog.mikebrowne.com&vdone=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dparallel%2Bparking%26cs%3Dbz

These cars are cool , but I don't know if it would be safe out where I live .........these damn Bubba's out here would probably think that it was an exotic breed of armadillo and try and run you over !!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

just kiddin' Bubbas  O0 O0 O0

forevrtxan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • (Leander) Austin, Texas
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 07:26:13 PM »

I'm a Chevy man....have been all my life...besides the X....think I'll wait till they come out with a Hybrid!!!
David

'05 1800R2 (with sidestand down)

Old enuff to know better....but young enuff to still do it!!!!!!

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~~John Wayne

All the way up in there!!!! (Quote from VTreX at BBTIII)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »

the 'vette is 400hp, 400 ft-lbs. of torque, and 18/29mpg, (the automatic is 18/28).

I think I'll keep it...  ;D 8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »

well i have to defend my self i like my cicvic but my Baby will one of two the shelby mustang or the new camero that comes out in a couple of years so for now my bike and my civic till i pay them off then comes my new babies lol
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 09:07:27 PM »

I drive two big fuel eating, emission emitting, music blaring 4x4's. And the way I look at it one volcanic eruption produces more hydrocarbons than every automobile ever built.... But I do still feel a little sick every time I fill them up.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal