Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bike doesn't want to shift  (Read 1860 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Bike doesn't want to shift
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »

Ok first problen sloved battery weak.I took it out for a ride testing out the new fairing and ran great.After comming home rear tailligt was loose so fixed it.Then was going to go for a ride and it does  not want shift into second without forcing it or the other gears.Looked at the clutch cable and it seems ok not broked but did not seem like it moved much but never have watched it before so who knows.
Alvin,Texas

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Bike doesn't want to shift
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »

Did you make any adjustments while installing the fairing, maybe a bind in the cable.  ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »

No but think tomorrow will just double check the cables I know the other day was working fine....beginning to piss me off
Alvin,Texas

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »

Read on another forun to spray with lube where the linkage goew into the case and that seemed to solfe his problem were alot like mine.Also will replace clutch cable and see what happens
Alvin,Texas

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »

Should've painted the bike orange!  :stickpoke:   ;D

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »

Green is faster!!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »

Green is faster!!

Faster is overrated!  It's all about lookin' cool!  ;D

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »

For once you are correct.

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 04:46:33 AM »

The cable may be frayed causing it to streach instead of moving properly.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 07:20:50 AM »

Larry, does your bike have the heel/toe shifter?  If so I had to take mine off and regrease that bastard, because I would shift and the lever wouldn't return so I could get ready to shift to the next gear.  Just a thought, it could happen to the regular toe shifter too.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »

I have the C modle no heal toe shifter.What I will do to begin with is replace the cable and clean around where it goes into the transmission like SteveS says it could be fraded somewhere inside.The one on now is about threee or four years old and does seem funny it worked fine one minute and not the next so thinking and hope that is the simple fix
Alvin,Texas

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 08:22:25 AM »

First thing I did was swap clutch cables and did notice that the old one did not move as smooth as the new one so replaced it and that seems to have done the trick.I do think I will look and clean around the linkage and check it out anyway we always clean everything else but over look the small but important things.The new cable seems to be a bit longer than the after market cable that was on there may scoot by the steeler and check it out and pick up another spare.
  Thanks for all the ideas one thing about our group someone will come up with what might need to be done or to try.
Alvin,Texas

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 08:26:28 AM »

After 4 years it is better to change it out, rather than be stranded on the road, even if it is not the problem, hey only $12 bucks and you know your good to go. I carry a spare everywhere, if you can't find one let me know and I'll meet you somewhere if you want to try it out to see if it is indeed the problem.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 08:40:32 AM »

Thanks Gumbo the one I had was brand new just in case I needed it and I did lol.So later today will pick up another just because it is new doesn't mean it will last .......never know where it was made lol.
Alvin,Texas

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »

Should've painted the bike orange

After many meetings Honda has deceided to recall all orange bikes but will refund the purchase price to the owners.The reason for this is the color orange has been so slow over the years and every color under the sun has been able to out run these things although the cops love them easy to catch.After Jan 2011 all orange bikes wil be confiscated with no money refund  :stickpoke:
Alvin,Texas
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal