Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good Honda Shops in Central Houston???  (Read 2305 times)

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
Good Honda Shops in Central Houston???
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:47:43 AM »

I'm coming up on my 8k service package but I'm not sure where to take it.  I used to take my old (Suzuki) to Stubb's Cycles.  Don't really have any problems with them.  Just checkin on something better.  I'm also going to be jetting my carbs and getting my new air intake system (Baron) installed.  So I want to make sure it gets done right!  Thanks Again :flag:
VTXaholics
(anonymous)
My bar tab will always be less than yours!!

Jeff Jones

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: Good Honda Shops in Central Houston???
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:02:49 AM »

Ask them about that whistling noise and rattle! :stickpoke:

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:36:18 PM »

Yeah I am.  Now any suggestions on a good Honda Mechanic? :stickpoke:
VTXaholics
(anonymous)

Jeff Jones

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »

Not exactly IN Houston, but El Campo Cycles always has come highly recommended.  It is a little bit of a drive west, but worth it from what I hear.  I haven't actually had work done there but had my bike in and they seemed pretty honest about the problem.

Wild West Honda on I-10 west has had some pretty good reviews also in addition to Eastside Honda on I-10 east.

Lots of people here have done their own work on their bikes.  We have had several tech sessions during the past few years.  You might consider that route.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 10:26:36 AM »

Hey thanks Lucky...
What and where do these tech sessions take place.  I think I could do my own work if I was instructed a little.  I think I might check out wild west honda.
VTXaholics
(anonymous)

Jeff Jones

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »

I think DavidJ is looking to host one very soon, one pops up about every 3 months or so. I'll be looking to replace steering bearing and front wheel bearing soon myself.
We have some good folks that can usually help out with just about anything.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 10:39:12 AM »

Jeff,a good thing to have is the shop manual and alot of us here have either a hard copy or on DVD.I have the copy on DVD now that I am retired no free paper source but may just have to take it to Kinkos or whereever and see what the cost is to print it out.What I do now is just print out what I need good enough for now.
Alvin,Texas

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »

I have used my paper manual so much the pages are falling out.... You can also use http://www.hdlparts.com/ to look at the parts fiche for your bike.

popag

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »

Wish I had the room to do a tech session at my place I would probably have one every other week. 2 car garage and I barely carved out room for the bike.

Gumbo - when you do yours I would love to get the parts and do mine at the same time

Larry357 - I would be willing to print out the manual at my place or get it done at Kinkos - do you know how many pages are in the manual

'03 VTX 1300S Retro
Texas Sons Of Liberty Rider
http://texassonsoflibertyriders.ning.com/

DEMON

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 09:52:19 AM »

Wish I had the room to do a tech session at my place I would probably have one every other week. 2 car garage and I barely carved out room for the bike.

Gumbo - when you do yours I would love to get the parts and do mine at the same time

Larry357 - I would be willing to print out the manual at my place or get it done at Kinkos - do you know how many pages are in the manual

it may be cheaper if you buy one on ebay...

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »

I'm thinking about maybe another tech session after the Boo Rally and benefit should be getting nice and cool by then, might even try to get me a gator to cook up, I got me one spotted -- I know where he lives  :lunch:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »

My neighbor just killed a 12' alligator last weekend.  We got a hunk of the meat.  Cubed it up and fried it last weekend...pretty darn good.  I tried to cook some of it healthy (baked)....HORRIBLE!!!!!
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »

[

[/quote]

I'm thinking about maybe another tech session after the Boo Rally and benefit should be getting nice and cool by then, might even try to get me a gator to cook up, I got me one spotted -- I know where he lives  :lunch:
[/quote]

druther you cook up gumbo or wild pig, have tried gator a number of times just not that good to me.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »

My neighbor just killed a 12' alligator last weekend.  We got a hunk of the meat.  Cubed it up and fried it last weekend...pretty darn good.  I tried to cook some of it healthy (baked)....HORRIBLE!!!!!

Gots to know how to cook it, I don't eat anything fired anymore, but I can grill it better than chef Ramsay  :ohwow:

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »

Don'tknow how many pages but it ts over one inck thick

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal