Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good Honda Shops in Central Houston???  (Read 2300 times)

Xulli

• Old Timer
Re: Good Honda Shops in Central Houston???
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »

man i would like to get me an Manuel for an 07 but all i can find online is for the 03 vtx 13200
Isaac M.
2012 Blue Imp.  victory XC
Galveston, Texas

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 06:51:48 PM »

man i would like to get me an Manuel for an 07 but all i can find online is for the 03 vtx 13200

the 03 works just fine  :thumbup: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »

[

I'm thinking about maybe another tech session after the Boo Rally and benefit should be getting nice and cool by then, might even try to get me a gator to cook up, I got me one spotted -- I know where he lives  :lunch:
[/quote]

druther you cook up gumbo or wild pig, have tried gator a number of times just not that good to me.
[/quote]

Has to get cold before I get any pig, after first freeze I'll be restocking my wild pig freezer.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 09:39:31 AM »

Put me down for a invite for the tech session Gumbo and anyone else if you have one.  You know, I've been dealing with Stubb's Cycles in the past.  Never had an issue with them except the price. 75/hr labor.  But earlier this week I took a friends bike over there cause he had an electrical issue.  Well they checked it out and rather than charge me for all this labor and parts they showed me the issue and taped up the problem area and now it's working great!!  Good thing is it only cost me 15 bucks!!  And it was done in a few min.  Good service (thanks devon).  So my faith has been renewed to Stubb's.  But I also wanna get the manuel to try to fix stuff myself. 
VTXaholics
(anonymous)
My bar tab will always be less than yours!!

Jeff Jones

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

good for Stubbs, couldn't do business with them on tires though, they were the highest in town specially on mount and balance.
It's all just part of the adventure!

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »

Speaking of tires:  Where is a good spot to get tires?  And what do you think of Metzler tires?  I'm looking for that "bigger" look in the back?  And what about paint?  I'm wanting to get a tricked out paint job in Houston... :bikerider:
VTXaholics
(anonymous)

Jeff Jones

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »

If you looking local, Discount motorcycle tires of pasadena or Houston Honda. Tires are competitive priced but they mount and balance wheels on for $70 for both if you buy from them. I just ordered from jakewilson.com and saved money but I will remove the wheels myself. I like the handle and feel of the Metzlers, they handle the twisty's very well but didn't last for me as I tend to do more touring type riding. The e-3's lasted alot longer so I'm going back with them. Metzler is a cruising tire the Dunlop e-3 is a radial touring tire that is typical on the Goldwing.
It's all just part of the adventure!

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »

Speaking of tires:  Where is a good spot to get tires?  And what do you think of Metzler tires?  I'm looking for that "bigger" look in the back?  And what about paint?  I'm wanting to get a tricked out paint job in Houston... :bikerider:

Opinions will vary but I like Discount Motorcycle at 2212 Spencer in Pasadena.  Good price and "while you wait" install.  Call first though.  Open on weekends and does a ton of business.

I'm a fan of Dunny Elite 3s.  Get about 15K or more on rear.  Been all up and down the Rockies many times and no issues with not being "sticky."
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 10:19:58 AM »

Yeah i remember that place.  I'll check it out.
VTXaholics
(anonymous)

Jeff Jones
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal