Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seats for a 2003 VTX1800R  (Read 2050 times)

grapeape

• Old Timer
  • Big Blurple Monkey with a Darkside!
Seats for a 2003 VTX1800R
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:25:34 AM »

Doing some more clean up! In preparation for a move to N.E. Georgia before January.

Here are the goods!

Riders seat - pictured/offered is the original stock seat that has had the Mean City Cycle "double decker" mod. Here is the description from their website......Double Decker Memory Foam Modification — $140.00 * Plus return shipping. This modification was developed for the larger rider in mind but light weight riders are loving it also. In this modification we start by reshaping the seat for better comfort then add a 1 inch piece of 10 lb memory foam then we add our hospital grade 5.5 lb 2 inch memory foam. This gives the seat a super plush feel. This modification keeps the sitting position is a near stock height but we can still move you back, forward or up.
RECOMMENDED for riders 226 lbs or above. It will keep the rider at stock height but we can move the riding position forward or back. We can make this modification from ultra plush to extra firm depending on the riders request. We also do this modification a lot for riders weighing under 226 lbs looking for a very plush feel.

Passenger seat - pictured/offered is the original stock passenger seat that has had the Mean City Cycle described on their website as follows.........Comfort Rider Plus Passenger Seat — $185.00 * Plus return shipping
This is what you want to make momma happy because we all know if momma ain't happy nobody is happy. We start off by reshaping the passenger seat to disperse weight better then we make the passenger 4 to 5 inches wider than stock across the sitting area. We install a Comfort Cruizer pads in the seat and top that off with a layer of our 2" memory foam then we put a new fitted cover over it all to seal the deal.

Here is a link to Mean City's website      http://www.meancitycycles.com/motorcycle_seat_modifications.php

Rider's Backrest - pictured/offered is a Cruise N Comfort that cost $160 + Shipping about a year ago. I can not find their website so I am not sure if they are still in business but here are is a thread from the national board about the unit that you can see other's comments.      http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75413

Passenger's Backrest (pad only) this is the stock backrest pad that bolts on to the Hondaline Deluxe Sissybar.

So, $485 + shipping spent......First $200 takes it all.

I got stupid and paid nearly $1000 for a set of Ultimate seats which are nice. But they are not $800 more comfortable than the set offered here for $200. IMHO
The is no upside in messin' with things you don't understand.

2003 VTX1800R, Goodyear Triple Tread 205/60R/16, V&H Big Shots, PCIII

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Seats for a 2003 VTX1800R
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »

WHAT?? ?? ?? ?? ?? You are moving?  OMG we will miss you guys.  Make sure and let us know where you are landing so we can come crash at your place on our rides that direction, LOL
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

grapeape

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:26:15 AM »

WHAT?? ?? ?? ?? ?? You are moving?  OMG we will miss you guys.  Make sure and let us know where you are landing so we can come crash at your place on our rides that direction, LOL

Yep, I figured if I included that "moving" thing this thread would either get hijacked or would be bumped to the top alot and help get these seats sold!

Doesn't surprise me that you are the first to pick up on the move thing. It has been in the making for several weeks and we just got the final approval on Andrea's job day before yesterday. She will be with the same company and will serve in her current Senior Account Manager role but she is moving to their Government Contracts department. She is excited about the change especially given that she will initially be working from a home office 3 days a week and in the Norcross, GA corporate office only 2 days per week. This has the potential to evolve to 5 days a week from home after about 6 months or so. Reducing and/or eliminating the daily commute. My real estate income can be replaced pretty easy in this day age by donating blood or selling aluminum cans and although I enjoy it, I too am ready for a change.

The move is very bitter sweet for both Andrea and myself. We never thought that TX is where we would spend our final days. We have talked many times about if we didn't live in TX where would we want to be. The mountians of N.E. Georgia is a place that we both agree on. True we will be won't get to be with our Texas friends as much we want to and my (now adult) kids will stay here, which is more emotional for me than what I first imagined, the reality is that are all still connected by asphalt from door to door. I hope it goes without saying that our door will always be open. So, any XRider (even Kenny) that wants to go ride the Russell Senic Highway, Tail of the Dragon, Great Smokey Mountian National Park, Blue Ridge Parkway during at least 3 out of 4 very distinct seasons or maybe go trout fishing and cook them on the bank over an open fire just let us know and we will leave the light on for you!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »

I am first in line to visit!!! ;D
 You will always be part of the TexasXrider family!!  ;D
 Will miss yall!! See ya at LS right??  8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »

Grape, I am all over the trout fishing.  Let us know when you get there and I am sure you will have some visitors.
'02 1800C

grapeape

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »

I am first in line to visit!!! ;D
 You will always be part of the TexasXrider family!!  ;D
 Will miss yall!! See ya at LS right??  8)

Thanks Chad for sharing the kind words. I was originally planning a day trip to LSR but have decided to trailer the 2 bikes, 4-wheeler and as much other "stuff" as will cram in the truck for the initial haul to Georgia sometime next week. Guess I will have to cage it to Galveston............Hummmmm.

no-one

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »

If you still have it i will take it e-mail me nobodyron@gmail.com or rschmidt@slb.com

vtxsimon

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »

are they still available

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 07:06:34 AM »

If you still have the seat, I am interested. Please let me know.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

grapeape

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »

Just sent email to nobodyron@gmail.com waiting to hear back. I will contact all interested parties in the order of their posts.  Thanks......Marc

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »

:redcard:  Grape you will be missed!!! You were getting REAL close to making my LIST!!!  I guess I can add you guys as alternates lol   Good Luck with everything!!  And please keep us posted by visites to our forum!!!!    Ride safe ride long :congrats: :c
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal