Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: CenTex - Sunrise Breakfast!  (Read 15998 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: CenTex - Sunrise Breakfast!
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »

Looks like you all had a great day, TOM  :ohwow: lookin good there bud.

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2010, 08:31:19 PM »

Looks like you all had a great day, TOM  :ohwow: lookin good there bud.

:agree:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »

Jeff, never did find that other honda dealership.  I think a I took a wrong turn somewhere.  Oh well, but thanks a lot for showing me to the first place. See you soon.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

RedDragon

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »

Sounds like someone should have invited the group to the pit!  I can definitely handle some Shinedown, remember we s teamed it at...wait, I screamed it at BBT, dang that will a good concert!!!!.
Ok Bobby, going to invite you to the pit to watch the opening song. Video turned out pretty well, too bad the sound sucks. May want to turn it down. But damn what an awesome show!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:52:14 PM by RedDragon »

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2010, 12:58:47 AM »

Jeff, never did find that other honda dealership.  I think a I took a wrong turn somewhere.  Oh well, but thanks a lot for showing me to the first place. See you soon.

It can be a bit confusing in that area. If you followed my directions, you would have gotten on 35, then got right off again at the first exit. No worries, and the place you did go to has twice the stuff to look at anyway. Good chatting with you and Ruthie, and thanks for coming up!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Xulli

• Old Timer
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »

man oh man that was a awesome ride... i got home around 6pm took a shower to fell asleep.... on a way home on 610 i kinda jacked knifed cause the car in front of me pressed on their brakes while going 70. thank god i was about 100 feet behind him :ohwow:
Isaac M.
2012 Blue Imp.  victory XC
Galveston, Texas

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »

It was nice meeting you Isaac (spell that right?) and good seeing you Tom.  :thumbup:  Clif and Keri also came out to meet us at the restarant which was cool.  We were waiting for all of you to come back after the dealership, but after the last dyno and couple of hours we assumed we wouldn't be riding back with th 3 of you.

I think I was pretty close to dehydration on that last leg home.  My hands started tingling, I got a headache and then it felt like the temps dropped about 15 degrees.

Dranks gobs of water and then went out with Jennifer and friends till midnight with no nap in between.  I was exhausted, but overall a good day.
Chunk the llama.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2010, 01:57:31 PM »

Hey, this is going to sound like too much advice for all you V-Twin guys, but there is nothing better for riding in temps like those in a Texas summer than a Camelbak. Throw one in a saddlebag, and it's be there when you need it. Fill it with ice and Gatorade, sling it on your back, and it does dual duty of cooling your back and giving you hydration whenever you need it. I scooted back from Big Bend in one shot two years ago, heading to the casa at around 11am, and making it by 7pm, and that was made very enjoyable by having the Camelbak in place. Getting dehydrated is not only dangerous, but it will make you feel like crap for a couple of days afterwards. Just my 3 cents.
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »

I bet it was a long hot ride and have thought about on long rides wearing one of those camel backs have one thats never been used.Someone was telling me to fill it about 3/4's of the way and freeze it then when you needed it should be thawed out enough to use it and maybe add a little gator aid to it as well.
 Hated to miss it but playing grand pa comes first  :good:
Alvin,Texas

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »

Hey, this is going to sound like too much advice for all you V-Twin guys, but there is nothing better for riding in temps like those in a Texas summer than a Camelbak. Throw one in a saddlebag, and it's be there when you need it. Fill it with ice and Gatorade, sling it on your back, and it does dual duty of cooling your back and giving you hydration whenever you need it. I scooted back from Big Bend in one shot two years ago, heading to the casa at around 11am, and making it by 7pm, and that was made very enjoyable by having the Camelbak in place. Getting dehydrated is not only dangerous, but it will make you feel like crap for a couple of days afterwards. Just my 3 cents

You posted about the same time I did lol
Alvin,Texas

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 02:05:34 PM »

Great minds, right? You could freeze one and use it like that, but I'd be hesitant to have solid ice on my back while it thawed. Icing down sprains is never supposed to be for more than 15-20 minutes at a time, and this isn't much different. Fill it with cubes, and the beverage of your choice, and you'll be good to go!
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2010, 02:29:07 PM »

The cubes sound much better alot less hassle than dealing with the freezer and waiting for it to thaw if you need water but in this heat would not take long lol
Alvin,Texas

popeye32

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »

You could make ice cubes out of the beverage of your choice so it won't get watered down.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »

It was nice meeting you Isaac (spell that right?) and good seeing you Tom.  :thumbup:  Clif and Keri also came out to meet us at the restarant which was cool.  We were waiting for all of you to come back after the dealership, but after the last dyno and couple of hours we assumed we wouldn't be riding back with th 3 of you.

I think I was pretty close to dehydration on that last leg home.  My hands started tingling, I got a headache and then it felt like the temps dropped about 15 degrees.

Dranks gobs of water and then went out with Jennifer and friends till midnight with no nap in between.  I was exhausted, but overall a good day.

me too Brock, major headache brewing by time i got home, thats a major signs of dehydration.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2010, 05:04:14 PM »

Hey, this is going to sound like too much advice for all you V-Twin guys, but there is nothing better for riding in temps like those in a Texas summer than a Camelbak. Throw one in a saddlebag, and it's be there when you need it. Fill it with ice and Gatorade, sling it on your back, and it does dual duty of cooling your back and giving you hydration whenever you need it. I scooted back from Big Bend in one shot two years ago, heading to the casa at around 11am, and making it by 7pm, and that was made very enjoyable by having the Camelbak in place. Getting dehydrated is not only dangerous, but it will make you feel like crap for a couple of days afterwards. Just my 3 cents.

for some silly reason i didnt bring mine with me yesterday....  was hurting for it on the ride back.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal