Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need to sell! '03 VTX 1800R - $3995  (Read 4342 times)

TMU

• Rider
Need to sell! '03 VTX 1800R - $3995
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:50:54 PM »

Hey, everybody.  It's been a long time since I've been on the boards.  I've been deployed to Iraq for the past 8 months or so, and it looks like I'll be here for about another 5 months before I come back.

Anyway, I need to sell my VTX.  There's nothing wrong with it.  As a matter of fact, I love the bike.  But the bottom line is that I need the money right now.  Info on the bike is as follows -

Very clean. Excellent paint - Candy orange w/ lots of chrome. Engine has been very well-maintained. Only 51K miles.

Comes with the following mods / accessories:

- Power Commander III
- Vance & Hines Big Shots Exhaust
- Cobra Fatty Enigine Guard
- Kuryakyn footrests w/ longhorn mounts
- Leather saddlebags
- National Cycle windshield
- Sissy bar & backrest
- Luggage rack
- Blue LED accent lighting in engine compartment

I also have a set of chrome pullback risers, a second low-profile sissy bar, and the factory service manual that will go with the bike.

My friend Will has been taking care of the bike while I've been gone.  He starts it up regularly and rides it around to make sure everything stays in good working order.  He'll actually be handling the sale for me.  The bike is at my home in the Houston area.

Please e-mail me at travis.urbanek@us.army.mil or call Will at 832-586-5300 if you're interested in taking a look or setting up a test ride.  I hope to hear from you.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:03:03 PM by TMU »

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Need to sell! '03 VTX 1800R - $3995
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »

I was wondering what had happened to you and will ask around and see if I can find a buyer......stay safe bro
Alvin,Texas

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »

Shouldn't take long to sell! Good luck Travis!  :c

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

DEMON

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »

hey Gumbo, this is your chance to get a grown man bike!!!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »

hey Gumbo, this is your chance to get a grown man bike!!!!

It's a good price, but I'm good  ;) I have another bike in mind for my next ride.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

TMU

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »

Thanks, guys.  I do appreciate it!  Got a couple of folks that e-mailed me about it and want to take a look.  Hopefully I'll be able to get it sold pretty quickly.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

We're doing our best to stay safe.  Things are going pretty well over here in the sandbox.  But I can say it's definitely A LOT different over here than it was during my last tour.  The people here are so inconsiderate.  They keep shooting rockets and mortars at us, and they tried to tried to make a "special delivery" with one of their trucks a few days ago.  I just wish they'd stick around long enough for us to properly thank them for the nice gifts . . .

It could be worse, though.  I heard from one of my good friends, a 1st Lt serving over in Afghanistan, a few days ago.  He lost his right foot just above the ankle in an IED attack.  All things considered, he's just glad to be alive.  He's already talking about getting his prosthetic so he can hurry up and get back to the unit.  Speaking as a Company Commander, that's the kind of attitude I wish all my LT's had.  I'd assign him as a Platoon Leader in a heartbeat.  I just wish we had more officers serving today with that same warrior spirit.  People who are willing to take the fight to the enemy, not sit back and wait for the bad guys to dictate the terms of battle.  Don't believe the media or the President for one damn minute when they tell you the war in Iraq is over.  But that's a topic for a whole different post. . .

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »

It could be worse, though.  I heard from one of my good friends, a 1st Lt serving over in Afghanistan, a few days ago.  He lost his right foot just above the ankle in an IED attack.  All things considered, he's just glad to be alive.  He's already talking about getting his prosthetic so he can hurry up and get back to the unit.  Speaking as a Company Commander, that's the kind of attitude I wish all my LT's had.  I'd assign him as a Platoon Leader in a heartbeat.  I just wish we had more officers serving today with that same warrior spirit.  People who are willing to take the fight to the enemy, not sit back and wait for the bad guys to dictate the terms of battle.  Don't believe the media or the President for one damn minute when they tell you the war in Iraq is over.  But that's a topic for a whole different post. . .

Thank you for being there for us!!  And, yes that is a topic that whole books and entire careers are based on.  Hurry back and stay safe!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »

Hang in there, bro. I remember the same sentiments when I was in the Republic of Viet Nam. In spite of all the negative BS from the antis, on up to the Idiot in Chief, the grassroots of America are behind you. We have the deepest respect for your (and your loved ones') sacrifices and stand behind you all the way. My short acquaintance with you left me deeply impressed with your character and commitment to duty, and I fervently hope that you return home unencumbered by the stigmas that so many have endured after fulfilling their duty in an unpopular conflict. Stand tall.......
02 1800C

Pokins

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 10:02:10 PM »

Just wanted to say THANKS for your service for our Country!!!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 07:12:50 AM »

Just wanted to say THANKS for your service for our Country!!!

:flag:
+1

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 07:28:30 AM »

Man, I'd be all over this bike in a heartbeat if I was in the market.  I'll pass the info along to the VTXOA board, because at that price it should go very quickly.  And thank you, too, for your sacrifice.  Stay safe so you can come home!  :thumbup:

Here's the link to the VTXOA:  http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2921812#post2921812
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:31:23 AM by MRVTX »

cheez

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »

VERY interested- email and phone call sent/made. Be nice to replace the ole girl I lost in the wreck.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

VERY interested- email and phone call sent/made. Be nice to replace the ole girl I lost in the wreck.
Dang Cheez you lost your X in a wreck!!
When?? You ok?? Did anyone know about this??
Hope your doing ok!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »

Hang in there, bro. I remember the same sentiments when I was in the Republic of Viet Nam. In spite of all the negative BS from the antis, on up to the Idiot in Chief, the grassroots of America are behind you. We have the deepest respect for your (and your loved ones') sacrifices and stand behind you all the way. My short acquaintance with you left me deeply impressed with your character and commitment to duty, and I fervently hope that you return home unencumbered by the stigmas that so many have endured after fulfilling their duty in an unpopular conflict. Stand tall.......
+1
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2010, 09:53:32 PM »

Everytime I see that bike I want it.  But can't; still need to send 2 daughters to college.  And thank you for your service.   :flag:
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal