Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB a set of 1800 retro bars.  (Read 1936 times)

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
WTB a set of 1800 retro bars.
« on: July 25, 2010, 12:50:47 AM »

Looking for a set of 1800 retro bars that are in very good shape, if anyone has a set they need to get out of the way drop me a PM please..

Thanks in advance.  :popcorn:

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: WTB a set of 1800 retro bars.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 07:55:04 AM »

If you can't find some Retro bars go to the Flanders site and order up a set with the same dimensions. I've found that most dealers will order Flanders for you, and they're cheaper than buying OEM Honda bars. You'll need the diameter (1"), the width, the rise, and the pullback. Happy shopping!
02 1800C

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »

Flanders wants about $130 for a set close to the "R" bars, I can get the factory bars new for about $90. Was just going to see if i could get a better deal here and help someone out with a little gas money or something....

Thanks for the reply.  :bikerider:

If you can't find some Retro bars go to the Flanders site and order up a set with the same dimensions. I've found that most dealers will order Flanders for you, and they're cheaper than buying OEM Honda bars. You'll need the diameter (1"), the width, the rise, and the pullback. Happy shopping!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 06:02:03 AM »

WOW! I bought Flanders bars for both Marigold's and my bikes; don't have anywhere near that in both bars together. I guess Obamanomics is settling in on them...........

I think for that money you could bend some 1" tubing to your specs, chrome it, and have a few beers with the change.
02 1800C

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 11:14:36 AM »

Are you swapping your N bars for R bars? Just wondering? Looking for more PB?

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:54 PM »

Not really so much PB but would like a little more height, I'm 6'3" an i feel like I'm reaching down too much... I already have Phatriser II's so that helped a lot, but would like a little more.

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:10:19 AM »

Not really so much PB but would like a little more height, I'm 6'3" an i feel like I'm reaching down too much... I already have Phatriser II's so that helped a lot, but would like a little more.
I am the same height so I know what you mean. Are you still using the stock cables/hoses? I have C risers on my R right now and need more PB. Did the phatrisers give more PB than the stick N risers? I think the PB on the C and N risers is the same but just different heights. Please keep us posted on how it works out. I believe I saw a set of R bars on the OA board not too long ago. You may want to post in the wanted section on there and see if you get any results.

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 03:48:28 AM »

I do have a post there too, as far as the phatrisers giving more pullback, I think I got about 2.5" of pb out of them and a little more rise too, probably 2.5" to 3" of rise. I am very happy with the location of the bars now, would like to tweek just a little more rise out of them if possible without having to change any cables or wires. On the Phatrisers site they do mention they will work with the retros without having to extend anything.

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »

Just wanted to let you know I put on a set of Phatrisers II's today and it gave me about 1-3" more rise depending on how I angle the bars so it looks like R bars would do the trick for ya. :thumbup:

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 02:29:08 AM »

Thats what I'm thinking.... I may try to get some from the dealer in a couple of weeks. Congrats on your riser install!!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »

Sent you a PM.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal