Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: there are those who have, and those who will....  (Read 3763 times)

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
there are those who have, and those who will....
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »

well, sunday was my time to "lay it down". 

was going down 45 south, about to take the 610 exit, turned my blinker on, head check to the right, all clear, look forward.... all i hear is screeching breaks, and people are swerving all over the place to not hit each other!  I locked both tires up, started to low side it, tried to correct, but ran out of room.  I bounced off the corner/side of a white toyota....

The impact took me off the bike, down between the car and the bike.  I came to a stop in front of the car, the bike stayed upright a little longer, then fell over and went sliding down the road... for a very very long time i seems.  I recall seeing the blinker.... just flashing away.

I think i was maby doing  35-40.

when i hit the car/bike on impact, i hurt something in my bladder, so i get to urinate through a tube for the next 2 weeks.

Very little road rash, one heavy spot on my left knee, one little spot on the right knee.  something like carpet burn on the left elbow.  The jacket, boots, gloves and helmet, all did their job.

I slept for 24 hours on monday.....

the bike i was riding was the fz1, not the vtx (i did ride the bike home too and that was stupid)

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

hangman

• Old Timer
Re: there are those who have, and those who will....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:19:45 PM »

Funny how things seam to move in slow motion when you realize you are going down isn't it.

Sorry to hear about the accident - but so glad you're going to be ok. 

Take care and rest.  I came back too soon with a brand new plate in my leg - I was worn out for a long time.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »

If you didn't like where Connie suggested the m&g this week, there are other ways to let us know.

I'm sorry to hear about your bladder, but it sounds like overall that you made it out decent.  Take your time and don't rush getting back on the bike.  You have plenty of time.
Chunk the llama.

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »

I have a buddy who's brother was in an a motorcycle accident.  this guy slammed on his brakes in front of him and he didn't have enough time to swerve and move so he just hit him head on and it propelled him over the entire car, well, he also got raped and had to have that little tube inserted in you know where, and the way he explained it to me seemed like it hurt like a mother f'er.  Sorry to hear about your accident Bryce, but glad nothing more serious happened.  Good excuse to replace the helmet, gloves and jacket. Def take it easy and little the recovery time take it's course.  You'll know when your ready.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »

Hate to hear the news, please shout out if you need anything  :thumbup: Really glad your not any worst off, it could have been very, very, bad.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »

Hate to hear this/that...first the I45 incident, and now this.  You and Wayne need to give your guardian angels a poke to wake them up!!  :angel:  So glad you came out with just minor injuries, could of been SOOO much worse!  Let us know if there is anything you need!
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

Glad to hear you're okay, buddy, and that the gear worked fairly well. The tube in your winkie? Now that's a real PISSER!!!  :c
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RedDragon

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 01:32:13 PM »

Dang Bryce,

You scratched up the FZ1!  :'( Glad you are OK!  :thumbup: Don't now about peeing through a tube though.  :ohwow: Hurry up and heal up dude!

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »

Man I am sooo happy it wasn't worse for you!!!  You have an angel on your shoulder!!!  Heal fast so you can start replenishing your Karma points!!

As for the tube - well it sure serves as a reminder that the fun part of ole Winky is on the OUTSIDE!!   :rofl:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »

I have a buddy who's brother was in an a motorcycle accident.  this guy slammed on his brakes in front of him and he didn't have enough time to swerve and move so he just hit him head on and it propelled him over the entire car, well, he also got raped and had to have that little tube inserted in you know where, and the way he explained it to me seemed like it hurt like a mother f'er.  Sorry to hear about your accident Bryce, but glad nothing more serious happened.  Good excuse to replace the helmet, gloves and jacket. Def take it easy and little the recovery time take it's course.  You'll know when your ready.

they tried twice. To put that "little" tube in.   Before they knocked me out for a third try.

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »

Dang Bryce,

You scratched up the FZ1!  :'( Glad you are OK!  :thumbup: Don't now about peeing through a tube though.  :ohwow: Hurry up and heal up dude!

bent the handlebars, left side of the faring is toast.  Put a dent in the tank. And a few other scratched bits.  I did ride it home.   

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »

Yikes!  Glad you are okay.  I had my motorcycle wreck back in 2000 over in Texarkana... little tube and all.

If you think it hurt going in.... wait til they yank it out.   :ohwow:

Get to feeling better.

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »

Dang Bryce sorry to hear this. Hope you get better quick and like SouthernX sez ".... wait til they yank it out"   :cuss: :banghead: :ohwow: :redcard:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 03:55:38 PM »

OUCH!! Now if you wanted some attention you just had to say so Bryce!! At least it wasn't 60mph and was raining! Heal fast and don't get the tube caught in and yanked out!!  ::)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »

Sorry to hear but glad you are going to be ok!
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal