Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need computer help  (Read 1190 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
need computer help
« on: May 06, 2010, 03:59:46 PM »

ok ,I'm an admitted computer moron, can someone help the retard. when I left click on internet explorer, the page goes blank and will eventually give me a message that explorer has experienced a problem and must shutdown. If I right click on it,it gives me the option to run internet explorer with add-ons disabled. if I do this I can get on the internet other wise no way. WTF?
It's all just part of the adventure!

TheWatcher

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: need computer help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »

When in doubt ..... Re-boot your computer .... if the problem still exists give your computer a boot!!!!!!!

LOL .... Sorry It Sucks when they don't work.

:couch:
AKA: Vteeman on the VTXOA Site (Seldom seen there anymore)
2002 VTX 1800 C (Gone but not forgotten)
2012 Gold Wing Nav/XM

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

PM me with your phone number if you are still having this problem.. ;)
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »

First thing is get ride of Internet Explorer it sucks  :thumbup:
Mozilla give it a try and you'll never look back.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »

First thing is get ride of Internet Explorer it sucks  :thumbup:
Mozilla give it a try and you'll never look back.

+1 on that.

powerslave

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »

Do a virus scan. If your on MySpace or others social networks the koobface virus Is rampant. My wife caught it and one of the first signs was internet was acting goofy.  +1 on mozilla.ie sucks

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »

One easy thing to try right of the bat is to reset Internet Explorer back to it's initial settings.  More than likely, an add-on has caused the issue.

1.  Open IE (it doesn't matter if the page doesn't load)
2.  Click Tools, then Internet Options
3.  Click the Advanced tab at the top, then click the Reset button at the bottom.
4.  Once it's finished, just close IE and then re-open it.  You can enable add-ons as you need them.
5.  If you're running IE7 or IE8, you'll go through a quick wizard where you can customize some of the settings.  Selecting the defaults is fine.

If this doesn't work, then you've got some other issues going on.  Are you getting any pop-up windows about viruses?  What anti-virus software are you using?

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »

One easy thing to try right of the bat is to reset Internet Explorer back to it's initial settings.  More than likely, an add-on has caused the issue.

3.  Click the Advanced tab at the top, then click the Reset button at the bottom.
4.  Once it's finished, just close IE and then re-open it.  You can enable add-ons as you need them.
5.  If you're running IE7 or IE8, you'll go through a quick wizard where you can customize some of the settings.  Selecting the defaults is fine.

If this doesn't work, then you've got some other issues going on.  Are you getting any pop-up windows about viruses?  What anti-virus software are you using?

HA! that did it! your a freakin' genius !Thanks to all that offered to help the retard. one more question, Whats an add on?

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »

Now that you have your browser back, you might want to consider downloading Mozilla Firefox, free and it's very stable.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 07:20:01 PM »

believe I will, daughter likes it and shes smarter than me.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »

HA! that did it! your a freakin' genius !Thanks to all that offered to help the retard. one more question, Whats an add on?

Invoice is in the mail...payable to MR VTX!  ;D 

An add-on is typically another program's integration with Internet applications.  For instance, Adobe Reader will install an add-on in Internet Explorer so that if you're viewing a website as a .PDF file, it will open and view correctly.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »

HA! that did it! your a freakin' genius !Thanks to all that offered to help the retard. one more question,
Whats an add on?

What's a computer? :banghead:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal