Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: need to rant  (Read 2167 times)

wpxrider

• Old Timer
need to rant
« on: May 04, 2010, 05:05:27 PM »

I realized today just how screwed the American people actually are. A few months ago I received my census form in the mail. No big deal, I filled it out and mailed it back. One month ago I received the form again. I did not worry about it, simple database error. Flash forward to today. I had been working in the backyard trimming trees, and came in for a break. A car pulls into the driveway so I go to the door, it is a census worker. He needs info for the census, I tell him I did my form and mailed it in and goodbye. He says ok, just one question, how many people live in the house. I tell him 2. He wants to know names and ages. At this point I stop being polite and tell him to find my form and read it, and close the door. Now to my realization. We do as the government asks, and they screw it up. They are incapable of doing anything in an efficient and orderly manner. And they are going to take control of our health care and make it better.
 Sorry for the rant, just PISSED me off. :cuss:

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: need to rant
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:50:55 PM »

Not only that but. we as the tax payers paid for forms and postage and now we have to pay an incompetent government worker to come around and do a job we already paid for in the first place! :redcard: :cuss:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:52:28 PM by HeadGuess »

wpxrider

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 06:11:38 PM »

Exactly, Government efficiency at its best.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »

You realize how much they have spent mailing notices out ,TV commercials think maybe they hired one million to do the census.I did not fill mine out and will not answer any questions if they do not like it tuff sh1t.They want to put me in jail let them try seems like there is a whole lot of other people that are not here legal that should go before myself.Oh I forgot I am an American so guess we do not have rights anymore we are second class now.Just had to add to your rant!!!!!!!
Alvin,Texas

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

I decided to quit wipping my butt....there, they can take that and shove it too!  :redcard:  O0  :couch:  :cool2:  :flag:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »

Same thing here, we filled it out a couple months ago, I distinctly remember putting in the mail box, and lo-n-behold, who comes a knockin' at more door today!!!???  Yep, a census taker.......oh well, I answered her questions (she was hot!) and went back to my beer....
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:24:25 PM »

Same thing here, we filled it out a couple months ago, I distinctly remember putting in the mail box, and lo-n-behold, who comes a knockin' at more door today!!!???  Yep, a census taker.......oh well, I answered her questions (she was hot!) and went back to my beer....

Midget?
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »

dun-du-du-dun, Super Short Steve the triple S threat!!!

Hell Yeah Boy!!!
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »

I don't like one bit that they are announcing on tv that if you don't fill it out the census that someone will come to visit you at your home.  Do you have any idea how many hodlums looking for trouble are going to jump on that and put on some half arse fancy suit and go knocking on doors then busting there way in.  Be careful guys, anyone who stays home during the day or evening alone, be carefull to open your door to a complete stranger.  they want that information so bad, they can just mail me another form and I'll be more than happy to fill it out.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »

The US Constitution only give the gov't the authority to take a "count" of the people once every decade.  I filled out "2" and ignored the rest of the questions.....nun a ya damn business!  Right?!
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »

dun-du-du-dun, Super Short Steve the triple S threat!!!

Hell Yeah Boy!!!

Damn, thought we were past that...... :cuss: :banghead:
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

zerogs

• Tejano
  • 2003 VTX 1800C R.I.P. Torque
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:18 PM »

:cuss:   same thing here.... i filled out one a few weeks ago and know for sure it was mailed back because i talk to the hottie mail lady in the jeep at least twice a week and she even said yeah i did send it in and again we got another one this past Monday.... i been thinking about filing it out agian but after reading this topic/ post.... so NO siree I"s wont do it again! and yes if they do come to my door they are going to get the same greeting as every stranger gets who has the hair on their n*t S*cks to try to knock...   a nice clean barrell with a .40 in front of the firing pin saying hello.        >:(       I await the day for some one give me a good reason to pull that trigger!!!!!                              :angel:                            I sure hope i never have to!
Imagination is the Elixar to life.
Rest in Peace Jacob A.K.A. Torque
12/18/1975-4/29/2009

sundown53

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:21 PM »

One of the census people showed up at the dept. the other day looking for a map. The maps they gave them showed houses but no county roads or how to get to the homes. She also told me that if they witnessed a crime in a home or saw illegal activety they could not call the cops or they would be arrestted for privacy clause they had to sign.
2003 VTX1300S

freedom08

• Tejano
  • Leander , Tx VTX 1300R
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 08:00:58 PM »

I'm with TXVTXER, I answered "2" , and mailed it. nuff said!!! :boxing:
2007 VTX 1300 R Custom, (1984 Goldwing hardbags, 1980 Goldwing trunk) lots of other extras.

The Gunfighter

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 12:47:28 PM »

Worked for the guvment for a while and came in to work one evening.  Checked the bulletin board to find a notice with the following handwritten note at the bottom.  "This notice was not to be initialed.  Therefore, for you who have initialed the notice, please erase your initials and initial the erasure."  Was new to the organization so I left scratching my butt.  TRUE STORY!
A retired old dude with a ton of miles behind him.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal