Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a reputable mechanic / shop (houston/ spring area)  (Read 640 times)

PoolGuyBill

• Trailer Queen

I got a problem with my 05 1300R, 18k miles, fluid from the front head gasket, possibly over-heated front cylinder, may have wrapped the head, not sure if it's oil or coolant, nothing dripping just blowing down on the engine covers on the left side of bike. Someone said engine has to be removed from bike to get head off. Never had the bike in a shop for work yet, except for tires, do most maint. myself, have heard good & bad about honda of houston, any reccomendations would be appreciated, with over 3500 in chrome i'd like the bike to come back looking as nice as I give it to them.
Also anyone know a good dyno man, front cyl was running a little lean in comparison to the rear, probably why i have this problem now. No one could give me an answer to this since the carburator feeds both cylinders, both cylinders should have same A/F mixture. Anyone run into this problem with their bike, don't want to fix the gasket only to have it happen again.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
Re: Looking for a reputable mechanic / shop (houston/ spring area)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »

Are you absolutely sure you didn't over fill with oil on your last change??????? It'll do and look just like what you said. JMHO.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

teXan

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:37 PM »

Heard of this before, on the vtxoa board i saw where someone pinched a vent hose or something,  pretty easy fix, would most likely have happened if you had the tank off recently, ask around there as well, someone here may chime in with better info soon.

good luck.
2003 1300 Retro, cobra speedster longs, crash bars, ultimate seat, leatherlyke bags and a windshield

Me and My 2 teenage sons on their 06 750 spirits

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:44:18 PM »

Well, if you absolutely have an issue with the head and the engine needs to come out, I highly recommend Global Motorsports over on Kuykendahl just north of 1960.  Ed & Willie (wife) own the place and have great mechanics.  Tell them Jason from the Texas board sent you.

http://www.globalcycles.com/

teXan

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »

well after re reading your post, i believe i was thinking of a different issue.... :-[ good luck with it though
2003 1300 Retro, cobra speedster longs, crash bars, ultimate seat, leatherlyke bags and a windshield

Me and My 2 teenage sons on their 06 750 spirits

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal