Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: horn  (Read 980 times)

big daddy bear

• Rider
horn
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:35:49 AM »

Hit my horn this morning to let the fool who pulled in front of me to look out --horn didn't work--is there a fuse for the horn ? everything else seems to work O K--I,m not much of a wrencher--can anyone tell me where to look for fuse box--thanks

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
Re: horn
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 08:03:53 AM »

The wire on my horn came loose.  I don't know how, but that's what happened.  Just had to do a little wire repair, and it was fixed.
'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

big daddy bear

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »

wiring was the problem--looks like somebody wanted to play a little joke on me--both wires to the horn were disconnected & tucked nice & neat away from the horn--thanks for the help

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »

wiring was the problem--looks like somebody wanted to play a little joke on me--both wires to the horn were disconnected & tucked nice & neat away from the horn--thanks for the help
Nice "joke"...could've got you killed, but what the heck, we're all gonna go one way or another?!  O0  :redcard:  :ohwow:  :popcorn:  :c  :banghead:  :cuss:  :bikerider:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

L2RR2L

• Tejano
  • pearland - south of houston
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »

I see you figured it out already, but there is a fuse for it. I blew mine before.
ex sport rider....now just an x rider

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:08:48 AM »

If I found out who, I'd tell a joke to their butt with my boot.  And I mean that literally.
My now long gone VTX...

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 10:49:21 AM »

You can relocate that horn on the back side of the Radiator! There is actually a hole already drilled on the fan shroud bracket. Cleans up the foot peg area and out of site!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal