Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good news and bad news for me  (Read 1048 times)

GOG

• Old Timer
Good news and bad news for me
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:30:10 PM »

So the good news first is:
I still have a job! They fired 2 people (out of 6) in my dept at work today. I was spared..... :thumbup:

The bad news:
Right after they fired them they told the rest of us that all vacation is canceled for the next month. >:( This means I wont get to attend the BBT rally and meet everyone for the first time!

Hopefully there will be a statewide M&G this summer so I can meet all of you!

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Good news and bad news for me
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:39:04 PM »

That sucks but be glad your still working and other things will be commming down the road
Alvin,Texas

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:03:54 PM »

I still have a job! They fired 2 people (out of 6) in my dept at work today. I was spared..... :thumbup:

The bad news:
Right after they fired them they told the rest of us that all vacation is canceled for the next month. >:( This means I wont get to attend the BBT rally and meet everyone for the first time!

I'm missing BBT because my band has a show. I understand having to miss stuff because of having the opportunity to make money. It's best in the long run, bro. Just figure how much you would have spent, then add how much you made that weekend, and that it your gross profit!!

And this is a good group here.... they usually don"t hold it against you if you miss a rally!!! :c

We will make the next one (unless I can make money!!!) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:44:23 PM »

Yeah I know there will plenty more opportunities to go to meets and rallys and rides......The main point of course is that I still have a job...They have been getting rid of quite a few people at my work. I need work my a** off to make sure they want to keep me. It's a good thing I actually like my job...makes it easier....

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:07 PM »

Yeah I know there will plenty more opportunities to go to meets and rallys and rides......The main point of course is that I still have a job...They have been getting rid of quite a few people at my work. I need work my a** off to make sure they want to keep me. It's a good thing I actually like my job...makes it easier....

And that in itself says a lot about your character. that's the measure of a man, bro.... My department at work went from 600 to 217 over the last 2 years, and I am still hanging on, for the very same reason you are..... Too many people would rather play than work. Good for you! :c

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:02:04 PM »

Noob...you get to play (band) when you work!  Of course if I could truly play and get paid, we would all opt for riding
every day!   :bikerider:     :bikerider:       :c            :c             Live long and prosper!!!!!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 11:07:59 PM »

[/quote]

I'm missing BBT because my band has a show. I understand having to miss stuff because of having the opportunity to make money. It's best in the long run, bro. Just figure how much you would have spent, then add how much you made that weekend, and that it your gross profit!!

And this is a good group here.... they usually don"t hold it against you if you miss a rally!!! :c

We will make the next one (unless I can make money!!!) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
[/quote]

GAY!!!!

No Excuse whatsoever!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:54:31 AM »

[/quote]

GAY!!!!

No Excuse whatsoever!
[/quote]

why in the blue hell are you so obsessed with gayness?

Too much time around guys in uniform?

Don't ask, don"t tell, Steeeeeeeeeeeve

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 03:00:32 AM »

The bad news:

I see that as chrome money. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »

I get it as far as GOG goes, but missing the BBT to play a gig, not in this lifetime  :redcard:
I know folks that play and they really don't do it for the money, that is unless you guys are playing a full stadium NOT :stickpoke: Enjoy the show  :violin:

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »

I get it as far as GOG goes, but missing the BBT to play a gig, not in this lifetime  :redcard:
I know folks that play and they really don't do it for the money, that is unless you guys are playing a full stadium NOT :stickpoke: Enjoy the show  :violin:

I guess I just don't have "Gumbo Money".... $200 bucks is a lot to me!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal