Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3 Sisters  (Read 1629 times)

TX1800VTX

• Rider
3 Sisters
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:18:23 AM »

Heading out tomorrow to ride the 3 sisters for the first time.  Will be a lot of riding though as we are just going overnight so the plan is to ride to Leakey, check in the motel then go ride the sisters.  Get up Saturday morning and ride them again before heading home. 

Anyone have any suggestions for anything we should be aware of or anything we should make sure we don't miss?  Any good places to eat in the Leakey area for dinner Friday night?

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: 3 Sisters
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:15:42 AM »

don't know about dinner, but the Frio Canyon Motorcycle stop is a cool place to stop and relax.  although there is this one restaurant right on the main road in Leakey that is the front to a motel and they had pretty good food. Just can't remember the name of the place.  Guess, I'm not helping.  :banghead:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

vtxsimon

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »

Alamo grocery in Leakey makes great hamburgers . Motorcycle Stop great food also . The feedlot another good place in Leakey.  Falcon Cafe in Campwood great place.  Hope this helps  .

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »

There's a motel in Leakey??? It's a one horse town! Of course I didn't see the horse either? He must have been sleeping in the motel I didn't see.

If you head east from Leakey along sister route 337, head up Rt 16 to Kerrville. Stop for lunch. Then head back West along Rt 39. Two roads you don't want to miss along with the 3 sisters!

Recommend, if you take 16 it into Fredericksburg, stop at the Auslander Restaurant for eats. Good German food and a wide selection of beers.

http://www.theauslander.com/

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:11:05 AM »

Frio River is agood place to stop for a coke but don't thinkthe food is that good. LW you never heard of the D'Rose Inn in Leaky. Cycle riders only motel.
It's all just part of the adventure!

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »

There is a restraunt in Bandera called OST. Good stuff. It was so good, we went back twice.
http://www.texasbob.com/eats/tbe_ost.html
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Noledad

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:09:24 PM »

My wife and I followed this map 2 weeks ago and loved every minute and mile of it.  A great all day ride.

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12826.0;attach=4141
VTX1300C

A banjo makes any music better

figowitz

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:23:15 PM »

Have a good trip!  These roads will make you think you're in Colorado or New Mexico, maybe.  Just beautiful!!!  And the wildflowers should be in full bloom.  If you're riding out there near dusk, watch for deer.  There's a gazillion of them there.

Have fun!!! :bikerider:

TX1800VTX

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:32:46 AM »

All I can say is "FREAKIN AWESOME".  I can't believe I have lived in Texas, and been in the Rock Springs area several times, and did not know this was there.  We had a great time but did it in to short a time period (850 miles in 2 days). 

The reason we did not stay at D'Rose it that it required a 2 night minimum and we only stayed one night (which for future reference I do not recommend).

figowitz

• Tejano
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »

:cool2:    Which roads did you hit in those 850 miles???  How about the wildflowers?  We're headed out there next weekend!

TX1800VTX

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:57 AM »

Okay, saw a post on another thread stating that if there are no pictures then you did not go, so here goes.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »

Ride confirmed.  :bikerider:
It's all just part of the adventure!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »

There's a motel in Leakey??? It's a one horse town! Of course I didn't see the horse either? He must have been sleeping in the motel I didn't see.

If you head east from Leakey along sister route 337, head up Rt 16 to Kerrville. Stop for lunch. Then head back West along Rt 39. Two roads you don't want to miss along with the 3 sisters!

Recommend, if you take 16 it into Fredericksburg, stop at the Auslander Restaurant for eats. Good German food and a wide selection of beers.

http://www.theauslander.com/

+1!!!!  :agree:  :c  :bikerider:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »

Great pics.  Thanks for posting.   :thumbup:
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »

Itching to get there -- I know there are donkey's on the way -- I've seen them.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal