Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Two New Models Just Hit The Floor!  (Read 5439 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Two New Models Just Hit The Floor!
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:53:12 AM »

2010 Honda Stateline (VT1300CR) Only $11,699.00

2010 Honda Interstate (VT1300CT) Only $12,749.00

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Two New Models Just Hit The Floor!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 06:59:14 AM »

I went to the IMS in Dallas and got to sit on the Interstate.
That is on fine machine. I don't plan on trading in my X but
if I was, the Interstate would be the replacement.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:42:14 AM »

look good but I just can't give up my 1800 cc's
It's all just part of the adventure!

vtxvanguard

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »

I could see adding the ct to the stable, but keeping my x as well.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »

I like the look saw one the other day at the stealers and much more stylish than the old 1300's.THey also have a gray that is matte but do not remmbeer if it was this modle or the Fury...liking the matte colors a  bit more.
Alvin,Texas

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »

You still can't get out of town on a tank of gas with just 3.5 gallons...how does Honda call it an "Interstate" when you don't have enough gas to even travel on the interstate!!!!!!!  I would buy a Road King  ;D   before I purchased a Fury look-a-like, just shameful, cannot believe Honda is so blinded.
Thank goodness they still have the Wing, but who knows for how long...   :bikerider:     :c      :lunch:      :thumbup:      O0      8)       
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 10:17:48 PM »

You still can't get out of town on a tank of gas with just 3.5 gallons...how does Honda call it an "Interstate" when you don't have enough gas to even travel on the interstate!!!!!!!  I would buy a Road King  ;D   before I purchased a Fury look-a-like, just shameful, cannot believe Honda is so blinded.
Thank goodness they still have the Wing, but who knows for how long...   :bikerider:     :c      :lunch:      :thumbup:      O0      8)       

Beaux you just won't quit rubbing salt into the wound -- we know you have a wing, or like you put it Wing  :drool:

You got a really good deal on that thing  :thumbup: Makes me  :hurl:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

GOG

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »

Does CT stand for car tire?  :laugh:

I am happy with my 1800 and a bigger tank......I think Honda went in the wrong direction with these......

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.."

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 12:58:53 AM »

You still can't get out of town on a tank of gas with just 3.5 gallons...how does Honda call it an "Interstate" when you don't have enough gas to even travel on the interstate!!!!!!!  I would buy a Road King  ;D   before I purchased a Fury look-a-like, just shameful, cannot believe Honda is so blinded.
Thank goodness they still have the Wing, but who knows for how long...   :bikerider:     :c      :lunch:      :thumbup:      O0      8)      
It has a 4.4 gallon tank. My VTX1300 is 4.5 (modified tank), and I don't have any issues at all hitting the interstate. Rode to Virginia and back last year with no issues. The FI 1300 motor is getting mileage between 45 and 50mpg. EVERYONE I have ever ridden with wants to take a break every 100-150 miles anyway. As I see it, the Interstate would handle 200 miles without a stop for fuel.
Displaced Texan.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:06 AM »

You still can't get out of town on a tank of gas with just 3.5 gallons...how does Honda call it an "Interstate" when you don't have enough gas to even travel on the interstate!!!!!!!

Words to live by; if there is anyone that knows about running out of gas, it's Bobby!  :stickpoke: :bikerider:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

teXan

• Tejano
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 10:19:32 AM »

I sat on these bikes a few days ago, I am 6' 2", the handlebars were so far back it would bump my knee with what i didn't consider to be a huge amount of turn.
2003 1300 Retro, cobra speedster longs, crash bars, ultimate seat, leatherlyke bags and a windshield

Me and My 2 teenage sons on their 06 750 spirits

DEMON

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »

As soon as you add pipes and an air filter the MPG will drop... this bikes should be more or less around $8500 which is what the 1300's sold for... not sure how honda thinking that a 1300 will sell for the same price of the old 1800?   ???

the interstate bike is a joke.... I guess Kawasaki still has the best looking V-twin touring bike.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »

As soon as you add pipes and an air filter the MPG will drop... this bikes should be more or less around $8500 which is what the 1300's sold for... not sure how honda thinking that a 1300 will sell for the same price of the old 1800?   ???

the interstate bike is a joke.... I guess Kawasaki still has the best looking V-twin touring bike.
+1!!!!!!!  :agree:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 01:02:16 PM »

Since I've had a hole in my gas tank and have been fighting with it to get it repaired, I have been looking into custom tanks and replacements.  (since the VTX tank costs so much, might as well get a custom one)

The guys at www.fatkatz.com makes a tank that holds 7 gallons.  I think I might need to put that on the old VTX 1800C.  Maybe I can skip a gas station now and then.
'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »

Since I've had a hole in my gas tank and have been fighting with it to get it repaired, I have been looking into custom tanks and replacements.  (since the VTX tank costs so much, might as well get a custom one)

The guys at www.fatkatz.com makes a tank that holds 7 gallons.  I think I might need to put that on the old VTX 1800C.  Maybe I can skip a gas station now and then.

If you do it -- post up a pic I'd like to see it. 7 gallon tank  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal