Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I didn't know that Big Brother has the tools.....  (Read 564 times)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
I didn't know that Big Brother has the tools.....
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:24:19 AM »

I got this from my sailing website from a photographer friend that I've never met. You know, like most of the members on here. LOL.

From Jim B., TX for a short time:

When we were cruising on the Erie Canal last summer, I had the opportunity to visit with a police officer (I had photographed a kid vandalizing a boat across the canal from us). He chuckled when I gave him the photo, "Yep, we know Jesse; he's a frequent flyer." Then he offered to show my his camera - it was mounted on the side of the car... it read license plates as he drove by a vehicle. As soon as it locked on a plate, it started a search of that plate... giving him any outstanding tickets, etc. He told me it could read plates at highway speeds or driving through parking lots. He then drove by a car in the nearly dark light and showed me the results. Amazing. He said he could cover an entire grocery store parking lot in a couple minutes and have a read out of anything outstanding on those vehicles.

Big Brother may not be watching, but he has the technology.

I think it's neat but then again I don't have any outstanding tickets on my vehicles.  :bikerider:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
Re: I didn't know that Big Brother has the tools.....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:21:50 AM »

They can read the Sunday funnys from the satelites.

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: I didn't know that Big Brother has the tools.....
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »

I was getting my fleet vehicle serviced at a local Ford dealer a few months ago, and the service rep asked me if it was a police car.  I had tinted the windows very dark, and he said a local police department had 4 cars that looked exactly like mine.  The dark windows conceal an array of cameras that they use for the same purpose.  They had most of them in for service frequently, as they put in more electrical equipment than the car could handle.  They were having major issues keeping the 4 batteries charged.  I have seen them cruising thru the local malls and parking lots, and they seem to be working out very well.  I talked to an officer 2 weeks ago at the same service location, and they said that they make frequent arrests for warrants on drivers that own them.  They even added 3 offficers just to handle the excess work from those arrests.

Be careful, and keep your tickets paid, or you might get arrested in front of the local Wal Mart...

Justin VTX

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal