Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: One of ours down!! Need your prayers!!  (Read 7533 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: One of ours down!! Need your prayers!!
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

Just got off the phone with Tom, he is at University hospital in SanAntonio, he is still in ICU and is awating surgery, Everybody keep him in your prayers

Thanks for the update, BigA. As soon as he is able, that might be a good time for a statewide M&G? Bobbie and I can represent CenTex!  :thumbup:

If this happens, I'll be part of the Cen-Tex bunch if its ok.  I live in Wimberley. 

Of course! We need all the help we can get....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Warren

Pudge

• Tejano
  • Wimberley, Texas
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »

Just got off the phone with Tom, he is at University hospital in SanAntonio, he is still in ICU and is awating surgery, Everybody keep him in your prayers

Thanks for the update, BigA. As soon as he is able, that might be a good time for a statewide M&G? Bobbie and I can represent CenTex!  :thumbup:

If this happens, I'll be part of the Cen-Tex bunch if its ok.  I live in Wimberley. 

Of course! We need all the help we can get....

Great, well then I am in.  Just let me know and I will watch the board as well.
Ride Cowboys, Ride!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »

This sounds like an excellent idea.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »

If that happens, I'm in. I know H-town will show!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »

Prayer sent from my family to yours Tom.  Take care and have a quick recovery. If you need any help with anything only 40 minutes away as you know.

grapeape

• Old Timer
  • Big Blurple Monkey with a Darkside!
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »

Dang Tom. So sorry to hear about your accident. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
The is no upside in messin' with things you don't understand.

2003 VTX1800R, Goodyear Triple Tread 205/60R/16, V&H Big Shots, PCIII

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »

Hello all!

I just got home from the hospital, visiting with Tommy. The extent of his injuries are a broken left foot, a fractured tailbone,the front of his pelvis is broken and the rear cracked.

They have operated on his foot and it is now in the healing process. He has a surgery scheduled for tomorrow, but unsure about the time or if it will actually be done, or maybe pushed back. They need to get into his frontal pelvic area and band/brace the pelvis back together. Not sure, but I assume it has some tension on it that is keeping it open. He has 15 lbs of traction weights on each leg in order to keep the pelvis aligned.

He's very lucid, but angry with himself over the situation. On the good side: He was wearing his jacket and helmet and has nothing broken above the waist. the only road rash he has is a spot on his upper left wrist, right about where the gloves end and is the size of a half dollar. That's it. No where else.

He was traveling west on Hwy290 and had already passed Wildseed Farms, but hadn't made it to the Shell at 1376. A car he was following slowed and started to make a right turn. He said he must've not been paying attention and when he looked up, he was right on it. He doesn't remember what happened other than seeing flashing light, which must have been while he was spinning in the air. He landed on his butt with his legs straight out. That impact must have been what broke his pelvis and fractured his tailbone. Not sure about the foot? Maybe hitting the bike, or car, or impact on the street as well. I failed to mention, he landed on the pavement.

EMS from Fredericksburg, were the 1st responders. San Antonio's University Hospital Airlife was called and EMS transported him to a pickup location for the helicopter. He doesn't know what his bike or helmet look like, and his wife was not there when I arrived this evening, so I couldn't look to her for any other information. His wife, sons and their wives and his parents have all been to check on him. He's stable, so they returned to their homes 4 1/2 hours away. I'm sure they'll be going back and forth while he recuperates.

It's too early to tell how long his rehabilitation is going to take. Once the Surgeon gets in there and clearly see's what's going on, that'll be the next hurdle. He does have his phone and won't let go of it. I'll try and print off this thread and take it too him. I'll keep y'all informed as best I can.

RD 

Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »

Thanks for all the info, RD. And it's good to hear from you again, you old fart!  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2010, 03:33:18 AM »

Thanks for all the info, RD. And it's good to hear from you again, you old fart!  ;)

DITTO !!!!!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2010, 05:02:43 AM »

Thanks RD!! Appreciate the info!!
 :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 06:05:45 AM »

Heal fast Tom

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 06:11:31 AM »

Thanks for the update RD.
It's all just part of the adventure!

SilverStreak

• Tejano
  • Round Rock
    • Hot Rod Coffee Trailer
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2010, 08:21:34 AM »

Thanks for the updates. I don't know Tom but I've said a prayer, after all we are all brothers here. I'm also sending California VTX mojo, it's powerful stuff. Been a rough weekend.

One of the nicest people in the world from the California board, Capt Hal went down also over the weekend. He's already endured 7 hours surgery and awaiting more.

If these incidents haven't already reminded us of our vulnerability we should be more careful out there.
Ken
"Are you guys ready? Let's Roll!!"
Todd Beamer
United Airlines  Flt. 93

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »

Tom, get well soon.

Thanks for the update, RD.
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal