Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing rear wheel 1300C  (Read 1271 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Removing rear wheel 1300C
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »

How hard is it to remove the rear wheel from the 1300C.The tire went flat today after getting back home from a ride into town and I have yet to find a nail my thinking is it is the valve stem which I hate the one that is on there but with the mag wheels see no other options.I hat to take the chance and ride it to the bike shop so it is either remove the wheel or trailer.
Alvin,Texas

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Removing rear wheel 1300C
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:14:33 PM »

How hard is it to remove the rear wheel from the 1300C.The tire went flat today after getting back home from a ride into town and I have yet to find a nail my thinking is it is the valve stem which I hate the one that is on there but with the mag wheels see no other options.I hat to take the chance and ride it to the bike shop so it is either remove the wheel or trailer.
Real easy if you have a motorcycle jack!! Even better if you have a stand!!  :thumbup:
Info on how to! Under maintenance.
http://www.bareasschoppers.com/
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:04:08 AM »

Air it up and put some soapy water on it to find the leak. If it's the valve you can get a Schraeder valve & wrench at Walmart or an auto parts store. If it's a nail you can plug the tire and ride it to the shop.
02 1800C

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 08:50:52 AM »

It is the valve stem and hate the one Honda uses the 90 degree but with the mags it looks like the only type you can use.
Alvin,Texas

Quick-Silver

• Old Timer
  • Canyon Lake, Tx
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:01:29 AM »

Larry, get one of these or something like it http://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/Aluminum_Valve_Stems_90_Degree_p/13008.htm and point it out to the right side of the bike.  For me it's much easier check tire pressure and add air from the right side of the bike.

I had a valve steam break on the front wheel of my VTX on a ride to Victoria.  I made to the nearest Honda dealer and they suggested I go with an all metal bolt on 90ยบ valve stem.  I am glad I did.  Afterward I never worried about that that valve stem would crack and leak or that it might get cut.
Jerry Maler
07 Honda GL1800 Goldwing - Silver

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal