Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: do you have a retro seat I can borrow?  (Read 1154 times)

DEMON

do you have a retro seat I can borrow?
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:05:38 AM »

Just wondering of anyone in the houston area has a Retro seat I can borrow?   I want to look at the way it mounts on the bike to see if I can make the seat I have on my C model bolt to a retro rear fender.  If you have the front and the rear stock seat that will be great, I will not cut or do anything to your seat, I just need to use to to make sure the retro fender I have is set right and to see where the bolts go.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
Re: do you have a retro seat I can borrow?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:28:12 PM »

I have one. I can take the mounting brackets off the Saddle man and put them back on the stocker for you. I'm using a Mustang now.

DEMON

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »

if is not too much trouble for you I would appreciated the help... My bike has a nice mustang seat also but i was told it will not work with a retro fender.

:notworthy:

TX1800VTX

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »

I have a practically brand new one you could use with all of the brackets and everything.  Took it off for a different seat that does not use the stock hardware.  Not sure where you are located but I am in the Conroe?Woodlands area.

DEMON

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »

Im in the 249 and beltway 8 area, the bike is at Red dragon's house by 45 north and Louetta

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 11:24:04 AM »

I'm in the old Katy area. Not sure of the area. Relocated from Illinois. Should be free Sat morning if you want to meet up.

TX1800VTX

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »

I will be around the house some tomorrow if you want to call and come by.  Also mine is a 1800R not sure if that makes any difference or not.  Jeff @ 832-331-6448.

DEMON

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

I'm in the old Katy area. Not sure of the area. Relocated from Illinois. Should be free Sat morning if you want to meet up.

I work off of I-10 and kirkwood  you are probably very close from me at work...

DEMON

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 04:32:06 PM »

I will be around the house some tomorrow if you want to call and come by.  Also mine is a 1800R not sure if that makes any difference or not.  Jeff @ 832-331-6448.

thanks jeff, as you can see I have you and Jedishon as possible help to borrow the seat.  I'll get with either one of you as time allows... your time (both of you)  so what ever works for either one of you works for me.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 07:50:30 AM »

Demon I will be going to Wild West Honda at about 10 this morning if you can make it. Or give me a call.

Jerry

Spanish Cobra

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »

Gabe, what up ?  I have the retro seats if you still need them.  I work by I-10 Wilcrest.  Let me know if you still need them and where you work.....

DEMON

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »

Well I have a bunch of options, I will contact one of you and take it from there, thanks everyone for all your replies

dkjsr49

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »

No

DEMON

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 08:11:28 AM »

I got one from Spanish Cobra, thanks for all the offerds to let me use their seat!!!!      :notworthy:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal