Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Going down  (Read 3575 times)

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
Re: Going down
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 03:53:27 PM »

Thanks for all the well wishes. Got xrays of the elbow. havent heard anything so hope nothing is broke

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »

Sorry to hear about your spill.  Get well quick.  Like several others have already said, the bike can be fixed.  Just glad to hear that you weren't hurt any worse.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »

Glad to be able to read what happened from you yourself..........Hope you heal fast. Like Brock said bike can be fixed.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 07:40:23 AM »

oucheeee, glad your still with us! :thumbup:
It's all just part of the adventure!

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 03:59:05 PM »

I feel for ya, brother. Ain't it depressing to see your girl sliding along the pavement? :ohwow:

I remember thinking I'd go to work the next day. That lasted until the alarm clock went off and my body said I was staying home that day.

Hope to see you up and  :bikerider: again soon.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »

Jerry, I knew you were an attention whore, but I didn't think you would go to this extreme.  :stickpoke:

Just razzin ya man. I'd let ya ride my C until yours is fixed, but it's officially being basketball pooled now. And I obviously ain't lettin ya ride Barack, cause it's plain to see you can't keep one upright anyway.  :couch:

OK, I'm done kicking a man while he's down. Heal quick brother.
Displaced Texan.

bigsmoke

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »

Man sorry to hear about you pranging in.  Glad you are relatively OK.  To paraphrase the title of the book, later a movie, by Gen. Robert Scott - God is YOUR co-pilot!!!

Glad to hear you keep the toe.  Never know when you might need it for a thumb replacement!! :cool2: :thumbup:

A big toe for a thumb, now that would be something worth seeing.  :popcorn:

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »

Sorry to hear about your spill.  Get well quick.  Like several others have already said, the bike can be fixed.  Just glad to hear that you weren't hurt any worse.

Mike

Ditto. Glad to hear your ok. Take it slow and heal up.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »

Jerry, I knew you were an attention whore, but I didn't think you would go to this extreme.  :stickpoke:

I'll do whatever it takes.

Elbow might be fractured. Bike is in the shop getting put back to stock form. Should get it back next Thursday. I'm developing PMS

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »

I'll do whatever it takes.

Elbow might be fractured. Bike is in the shop getting put back to stock form. Should get it back next Thursday. I'm developing PMS

AWESOME news brother. That was super quick. How are YOU doing though?
Displaced Texan.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »

I'm fine. Couple bruises but okay......

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:46 PM »

The big toe is a very vital component that helps you maintain your balance. Good thing your not losing it.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 09:21:49 AM »

Went to pick up the bike Sat afternoon. Asked the service manager if the forks were readjusted. He said the were fine. I went and looked at it. When I turned the bars to the right the fork hit the gas tank. The mngr looked at it and said there was a little wear spot where the triple tree hits the frame and he will add a weld spot there so it wont turn so far. I asked hin about the grinding noise I heard when doing a slow left turn. He said he never heard of it. My question. Is there supposed to be a tab or something to keep the tree from turning to far? I really don't know if I want to take the bike back like this.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 09:29:44 AM »

I would absolutely not take the bike the way it is.  I would demand an entirely new front end...trees and all.  There's no way the fork should be hitting the tank, unless they didn't put the tank back on correctly.  Wow!!!  :ohwow:

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 09:35:21 AM »

I would absolutely not take the bike the way it is.  I would demand an entirely new front end...trees and all.  There's no way the fork should be hitting the tank, unless they didn't put the tank back on correctly.  Wow!!!  :ohwow:
I agree with Jason!! No way I would take it back! The grinding sound is comming from the lower or upper part of the tree? Could be just the brake pad rubbing on one side?  ???
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal