Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Going down  (Read 3557 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Re: Going down
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 10:51:03 AM »

Glad to hear you didn't break anaything. Hope you and the bike are back to normal soon.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »

My question. Is there supposed to be a tab or something to keep the tree from turning to far?

Yes there is, it is on the lower part of the triple tree. The problem is the tab on the triple tree is aluminum and actually gets sheared back in the impact to that side. The only way to fix is to heliarc a new tab on the lower triple tree, or to order a new lower triple tree.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:22 AM »

Pulled the front end apart last night. The stealer said there was nothing wrong with it. The funny thing is that when I pulled the axel out of the first fork the forks sprung apart. Had about 1/16" on one side and 3/8" on the other. Last time I put the wheel on I had about 1/16" on both sides. I ordered new triple trees on Sunday, I just hope the forks are okay. I don't like saying bad things about people or places, but if you need repairs I would stay away from Wild West Honda in Katy.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »

This big toe for a thumb is nasty.  I would not want to shake that hand.  I think I would just go without a thumb.  Looking at that thing gives me the creeps.  :ohwow:

Man sorry to hear about you pranging in.  Glad you are relatively OK.  To paraphrase the title of the book, later a movie, by Gen. Robert Scott - God is YOUR co-pilot!!!

Glad to hear you keep the toe.  Never know when you might need it for a thumb replacement!! :cool2: :thumbup:

A big toe for a thumb, now that would be something worth seeing.  :popcorn:

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »

Pulled the front end apart last night. The stealer said there was nothing wrong with it. The funny thing is that when I pulled the axel out of the first fork the forks sprung apart. Had about 1/16" on one side and 3/8" on the other. Last time I put the wheel on I had about 1/16" on both sides. I ordered new triple trees on Sunday, I just hope the forks are okay. I don't like saying bad things about people or places, but if you need repairs I would stay away from Wild West Honda in Katy.

They probably put the front wheel on incorrectly, that's why the forks sprung out a little.  Just follow the manual's instructions when putting the wheel on again.

DEMON

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »

If you need help with your bike, maybe we can do a small tech seccion for you!!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 08:29:54 AM »

If you need help with your bike, maybe we can do a small tech seccion for you!!!

Keep an eye on your tools, jedishon....  :ohwow:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 08:57:59 AM »

They probably put the front wheel on incorrectly, that's why the forks sprung out a little.  Just follow the manual's instructions when putting the wheel on again.

The problem was they never looked at the front end to begin with. They just said it was okay. They had an I dont want to deal with this attitude. On their quote they said they would check the aligment, they never did because it wasn't listed in the final bill. They just assumed it was okay. Sorry for rambling, just a little ticked off.

DEMON

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »

Keep an eye on your tools, jedishon....  :ohwow:

LMAO   :notworthy:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 11:00:26 AM »

The problem was they never looked at the front end to begin with. They just said it was okay. They had an I dont want to deal with this attitude. On their quote they said they would check the aligment, they never did because it wasn't listed in the final bill. They just assumed it was okay. Sorry for rambling, just a little ticked off.

Who was the last person to put the front wheel on?  If he/she did not follow the manual's instructions, then this will happen.  We demonstrated this at a Tech Session not too long ago, and the results were all the same, no matter which 1300 we did this to.  If you do not line up the groove on the axle with the machined area of the fork, during the last steps of the wheel install the forks will noticably pop out.

At an rate, getting the new trees will rule out any problems in that area.  Make sure you put in the All Balls tapered bearings before you install the trees.

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 08:18:56 AM »

Who was the last person to put the front wheel on?  If he/she did not follow the manual's instructions, then this will happen.  We demonstrated this at a Tech Session not too long ago, and the results were all the same, no matter which 1300 we did this to.  If you do not line up the groove on the axle with the machined area of the fork, during the last steps of the wheel install the forks will noticably pop out.

At an rate, getting the new trees will rule out any problems in that area.  Make sure you put in the All Balls tapered bearings before you install the trees.

Ordered them and new wheel bearings. Might take them up to Honda of Houston to have them pressed on/in. Any one have any experience with them?

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 08:41:34 AM »

Ordered them and new wheel bearings. Might take them up to Honda of Houston to have them pressed on/in. Any one have any experience with them?

Give cybrhick a PM or call, he can probably do them for you, and he's cheaper than a dealer.

HOH, from what I hear, is a good place to go for service, too.

DEMON

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »

he will save $$$ on gas just by going to HOH...

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »

It'll cost him less than 1 gallon extra in gas ($2.65) to go see Steve instead of HOH, biotch!  Now how much does HOH charge per hour?  :boxing:

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 09:33:44 AM »

It'll cost him less than 1 gallon extra in gas ($2.65) to go see Steve instead of HOH, biotch!  Now how much does HOH charge per hour?  :boxing:

Plus I have heard some negatives about HOH service...and even IF I had heard a negative about Hick, I sure wouldn't pass it around...he knows his chit and does good work on the bikes.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal