Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: odd front tire wear..  (Read 2854 times)

RicksVTX

• Old Timer
Re: odd front tire wear..
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »

Thanks for the replys gang. I am still running the tire i bought it with. a 2007 1300r. it has just over 13k on it now so its for sure time to replace it. thinking about a metzler this time. we buy them for our Police BMW's and they look to wear good and the guys that ride them seem to like the bit they get. those guys are hard on tires and they still get close to 9k before we pull them..

Thanks again
Rick

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »

Liberal's tires wear on the left side, conservatives on the right.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »

:redcard: :agree:
Hmmm this sounds really familiar  :D
Hooter told me it was because I was chasing midget donkey's in a circle ;D ::)
Did you catch one???

Never did, but would love to.  :deadhorse:

I am willing to bet that you will one of these days......

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 10:29:01 AM »

I have noticed that when i ride with one hand on the bars (right hand) the bike leans to the left side. But it could be the crown of the road also. Just my 2 cents.
2007 1800N Charcoal

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:48 AM »

I joined into a VTX club outa London UK about 9 months ago and posted the queston to them as to which side of the front tire showed wear the most because  they drive on the wrong side of the road. I never got a reply, as to the tire question, so I guess they think I was just some stupid Bloke from Texas. It's a kinda fun site just to read from the way they write and some of the words they use.

http://www.hondavtx.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php?sid=98243db5742e964271a85580c207a245
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »

My back tire keeps wearing out real fast. :banghead: :banghead: I just don't know if it is my big a$$ or my throttle...  :cuss: :couch: :couch: :couch:
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 04:37:48 AM »

My back tire keeps wearing out real fast. :banghead: :banghead: I just don't know if it is my big a$$ or my throttle...  :cuss: :couch: :couch: :couch:
[/quote

either will cause the problem, might want to lighten up on both :t
It's all just part of the adventure!

Dusty

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 06:08:57 AM »

That's not wear, that's dry rot from sitting in the garage all the time.  :stickpoke: :t :violin:

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »

My back tire keeps wearing out real fast. :banghead: :banghead: I just don't know if it is my big a$$ or my throttle...  :cuss: :couch: :couch: :couch:
[/quote

either will cause the problem, might want to lighten up on both :t

That's not wear, that's dry rot from sitting in the garage all the time.  :stickpoke: :t :violin:

Ain't it nice to have such WONDERFUL and CAREING friends!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:09:32 AM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »

That's not wear, that's dry rot from sitting in the garage all the time.  :stickpoke: :t :violin:

Ditto that Dusty.  I heard it sits in the garage until he trailers it somewhere else to sit!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »

:redcard:  I think the Prez should have to RIDE at least 10,000 miles a year!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »

My bike has sat in the garage quite a while. But... when I bought it, I made the purchase for entertainment not lifestyle. Then walked in Life. Since it was purchased I have lived through three hurricanes, my mother having colon cancer, a very premature bundle of joy, taking care of my elderly grandmothers house, multiple deaths in our family, and then recent events like my son having strep and my daughter having pneumonia as I type this reply. So, I guess I don't get to ride as much as I would like to, but when I do it just makes it all more fun. I also love my trailer. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »

Dang Randy, want to borrow my gun  :ohwow: Hold on until the Spring Thang we'll have some gumbo and  :c :c It will make it all better  :bikerider: :bikerider:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »

Thats my point Gumbo. It is all good. I am happy just being here for my family, friends, and myself. (In that order.) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »

I said this in July and I'm sticking to it:

The bike is unbalanced (IMHO), heavy on the right -  bike leans left to find center-of-gravity.

The road slopes/drains to the right - bike leans left in relation to the road surface.

We drive on the right side of the road - bike leans left longer, farther in the turns.

I'm a left-handed - bike leans left. 

My politics lean WAY off-center to the right- bike leans left to compensate.

Don't sweat it till you are dragging the left peg while going straight. That is when I knew I needed a new set of rubber on the road.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal